accidentally spilled juice on my macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by xerx, Dec 30, 2009.

1. xerx

xerx Member

yeah that's what happened...i had it checked at waikiki apple store and they said it would cost 755dollars to repair it :( i'm going back in manila next month. can u suggest a good mac repair shop? hope it's much cheaper

2. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

the logic board probably got fried based on the repair cost. You can try sourcing a logic board online (ebay probably) and have it replaced. That way, I think it will be a little bit cheaper.

Although if I were you, I'd just get the new white macbook

3. panis

panis Well-Known Member

You could have it checked here first. If it is still under warranty you could go to Senco Link at Tomas Morato or Makati, or at Powermac in San Juan. If it is no longer under warranty, go to Ynzal in Quezon City near Timog or Liteware in Kamias

4. quasar

quasar Active Member

+1 on alikshi's suggestion. I don't think the warranty will cover liquid spilled on the macbook

5. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

next time, get keyboard protector

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

ahhh....we're all creatures of habit. Make it a habit to place your food/drinks at least a meter away from your electronics. That's the best insurance policy against accidental spillage.

7. arlo0611

arlo0611 Member

the same thing happened to me on my 12" powerbook years back. i brought it to ynzal for clean up and what-do-you-know... it is worked. the optical drive was shot of course and there were some water marks on the screen--- that i think was more of the ethyl alcohol i splashed on it in panic tha the juice itself--- but i was able to use it for 2 more years until the unibody came along :D

good luck!

8. joy08

joy08 Member

yes try to visit ynzal i highly recommend their staff and technician.

9. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

agree with this one! it's a rule for me neither to eat nor drink while using my MB. if unavoidable, i make sure that my drink is on a table/shelf behind me (and my MB).

10. RC

RC Active Member

Whenever cleaning electronic items, best is to "rinse" them in distilled water and dry them up quickly....

It's not really good to use any type of alcohol product as they are considered solvents...

Eating or drinking is ok as long as one knows proper hygiene...