About MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.3

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by RommelReyes, May 30, 2009.

1. RommelReyes

RommelReyes Active Member

MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.3 available from Apple downloads or Software Update (since 05/28/2009)

This SMC Firmware update adjusts the fan behavior in MacBook Pro systems (15-inch and 17-inch) when running under high workload conditions.

The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder and will launch automatically. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the update process.

Done on my Early-2008 MBP. No problem........

2. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Yeah, I was about to post/ask about this, too. I received the update this morning through Software Update, and I was surprised, since there's no previous mention of it here on PhilMUG nor in Macrumors.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be anything new with the fans or what.

3. redticket

redticket Member

I've read that one too in ars technica, but it doesn't appear when I open Software Update.

4. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

it was in page 2 of macrumors (28 May 2009), update also on iwork 09 was released.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/05/28...-0-2-and-macbook-pro-smc-firmware-update-1-3/

5. mig

mig Active Member

Update doesn't appear for me on a Late 08 2.4 MBP?

6. RommelReyes

RommelReyes Active Member

if it doesn't appear, you don't need it....

7. carloslegarda

carloslegarda Member

It might be for the non-unibody MBPs