about apple care

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jen.yu, Nov 23, 2018.

1. jen.yu

jen.yu New Member

Hi guys.. i have a question regarding apple care.. I'm planning to buy my MBP in Japan next month, do I have to buy Apple Care there too? Based on the online shop sa Japan it's Apple Care+ that they are selling which is not valid here sa atin.. Or can I just buy the ordinary apple care that we have here? if ordinary apple care do i still have 1 year to register it?

Medyo confused lang coz i never tried buying apple care for the other apple products that i'm using..

:)

2. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

You don't need to buy AppleCare+. Technically, the regular AppleCare is already phased out but if you are able to buy it, you can still register it within one year from purchase date of your Mac. I just did this with my 12" MacBook which I purchased late last year from Beyond the Box; got the AppleCare via eBay US.

3. jen.yu

jen.yu New Member

so regardless of where I bought my unit, I have one year to get apple care? so it's only apple care+ ang may 90 days o 60 days to register depending on the country?

4. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

Yup. IIRC apple care + can only be purchased in select countries, and the Philippines ISN'T one of them. If you go to the apple care page for PH it'll redirect you to the normal Apple Care...for US apple care it'll redirect you to Apple Care +. My sister just purchased hers couple weeks ago from Power Mac, and this was the same confusion she asked me to help clarify.

5. jen.yu

jen.yu New Member

thanks.. i will just get apple care here :)

6. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

You can just bring your unit to PowerMac and buy AppleCare on the spot. I got myself a slightly used MacBook Air a couple of weeks ago with great specs and a very good price; the only hitch was, it turned out to have an Italian keyboard (which I'm getting used to), so it clearly wasn't bought here but might have been brought it by an OFW. But it was so new (just 17 battery cycles) that it was still eligible for AppleCare. So I went to PowerMac--they inspected the unit, noted the strange keyboard, but didn't look for a receipt or anything, and sold me the policy. It was about 12.5K. They registered it online and I got instant confirmation.

7. Paulo del Puerto

Just a heads up, I had an Apple Care+ with my iPad Pro 1st gen bought from Japan.
    When I dropped it and completely shattered the screen, BTB honored my AC+. I just had to wait a week to get my replacement. I paid around 2k yata (can’t remember).

So when I bought my Ipad Pro 11 last month in SG, I bought AC+ with it.