60 Watts Magsafe Power Adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by airmax32, Apr 9, 2014.

1. airmax32

airmax32 Member

This is one flaw in apple's products. Their magsafe adapter for the macbook pro does not last long. The original adapter that I had for my MBP 13 lasted only for almost a year and a half. Almost the same time as last year. I bought a replacement from Ebay that cost me $29. I know it's refurbished so I just decided to buy an original one from ebay as well. It cost me around $58. After a year. The power adapter/charger broke down. I've decided to buy a replacement charger on ebay. I don't want to spend more money on a power adapter. Are you guys having problems with your magsafe power adapter also?

2. makinao

makinao Active Member

My apple adapters last around 3 years average. That's about the same as my old thinkpad adaptors.

3. airmax32

airmax32 Member

good for you

4. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

5. airmax32

airmax32 Member

6. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Almost 7 years and still on my original 60W adapter. Guess I'm just fortunate apparently.

7. panis

panis Well-Known Member

I had the magsafe of my MBA replaced twice already. Good thing is it's still under applecare. I dread the day the cord will get frayed again after the APP warranty has expired. I wish the fray fix would be available here in the Philippines.

8. airmax32

airmax32 Member

I actually read the reviews about the magsafe on apple's web site. Yung ibang bumili noong ganoong adapter. naka apat na sila in 1 year. Ako timing na timing. Almost the same time as last year bumigay ung orig ko. Luckily bumili ako ng refurbished ginamit ko lang pang backup charger. Hindi na ako bibili ng ganyang charger sa app store. I'll just go to ebay.

9. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

I think I'm also fortunate enough with my Magsafe Power Adapters, they're all working fine after 6 years. :)

10. airmax32

airmax32 Member

i bought a magsafe power adapter 60 watts from ebay. I accidentally got the 60 watts magsafe adapter t connector. If I'm not mistaken they used this power adapter for the much old macbook pro (2008 , 2009). I tried it and it's working. Would there be anything that I need to be concerned about?

11. empty

empty Active Member

It will work fine, I used to interchange my T and L type adapters without any issues.

12. airmax32

airmax32 Member

13. slrseeker

slrseeker Member

Mine was a replacement from my original, bought it last 2011 and it works fine having bump on the floor most of the time and still not giving me blank light but an orange one -it still works fine.

14. ericbanes

ericbanes Member

sa akin needs replacement soon :-(