3rd party MagSafe 2 Power Adapter from Lazada/Shopee

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tweek, Aug 6, 2020.

1. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

To be productive during MECQ I did a bit spring cleaning and found a 2012 Macbook Air 13" that needs a replacement 45W MagSafe 2 chargers. The cable of the bundled cable has become a fire hazard and does not output power.

I found on Lazada this ₱1,095 charger by reseller Westwind.

Any experience with them? Yes, I know we should all buy $80 + VAT official charger from Apple. But the market value of this 8 year old MBA is $300. Hardly worth buying original for.

2. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

there is someone in FB who recables chargers. there are also replacement chargers found in shopee. Been planning to recable a spare magsafe 2 but its a bit hard to do.

3. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

I saw the replacement MagSafe 2 cable selling for 300 + shipping but how much is the labor?

More than 800?