3rd Party App for iOS Full Backup

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Alvin C, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Alvin C

Alvin C New Member

Before, whenever I buy a new iOS device, I just sync and restore and iTunes will take care of every thing. It feels like I didn't buy a new iOS device.

But now, the new version of iTunes doesn't support backing up of iOS apps anymore. I have to re-download the apps and its files. I cannot rely on the cloud backup because I don't have unlimited internet access and my monthly data is just 70Gb. Re-downloading the apps will make my office virtually offline for the rest of the month.

Any 3rd party backup software you recommend? I may buy the new iPhone XR and iPad Pro this year and I think I need more than 200gb of data just to restore or re-download the apps.

Or maybe you guys know of a workaround?

Thanks!

2. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

iMazing sounds just like the app you're looking for. It's a decent replacement to iTunes for app management.

A workaround is installing an older version of iTunes (12.6.5), but it's not compatible with Mojave.

Reason for edit: Embedded link to iTunes 12.6.5 in case you are still running High Sierra.

#2 Edelheid, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018