2021 "Other" Apple Rumors

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by ice, Oct 27, 2020.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

2. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Based on Globe’s pricing of foldable phones from Samsung and Huawei expect to pay around ₱5,000/month for a foldable iPhone on plan 599.

a foldable phone may not be taller or wider tor more screen but it will surely be thicker.

another concern with foldable phones is it’s durability and possible creases on the screen. Will it last beyond 2 years? How about 4 or 6?

leninmac likes this.
  3. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Not sure about most people but I usually change phones every 2 years. Should they decide to launch their foldable phone in 2023, that’s 4 after Samsung launch their first foldable. Apple needs to catch up.

4. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

2 years is atypical for a few years already.

US ownership of smartphones have lengthened from 2 years to 3 years or more.

In poor countries like the Philippines i would not be surprised if it is beyond 5 years.

I also think about the 2nd owner of the smartphone when we upgrade. I dont want them ending up with bad phone on 2nd year of ownership of the next owner.

There are reasons why iOS support for iPhones are that long... Apple wants their products to be useful longer.