2020 MBP 13”

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by denpacs, May 4, 2020.

1. 6dd

6dd New Member

Yes, same price

miss_arci likes this.
  2. mikong

mikong New Member

It looks like Power Mac's website is also updated. I'm surprised they didn't announce this in their FB page. The 4 basic models have the same price as the ones in the Apple store PH (https://www.apple.com/ph/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch). Not sure if you can customize the RAM on Power Mac's website though.

miss_arci likes this.
  3. wuyckie

wuyckie Member

Impressive

4. DenzDaniel

DenzDaniel Active Member

Aloha! Guys... Can I make a suggestion? If you are planning to buy the 13" MacBook Pro 2020... Go for the 2.0/16GB/512GB it has the 10th Gen Intel CPU! and Better Graphics!
    I can tell you, it is so capable doing heavy lifting! I actually use it for editing my videos for Youtube! Check it out! Search Outrun DYC! Thanks.

The temperature now of my MacBook Pro after making some light modification is on idle (light browsing SAFARI) is at 38C* Can you believe it?

jayparalejas and miss_arci like this.
  5. Euphoricemanuel

Euphoricemanuel New Member

Just got my Macbook Pro yesterday at Power Mac Center in Powerplant Mall! It's my first Mac so i'm definitely super excited to optimize my laptop, add a few shortcuts/tweaks, and get new accessories for my baby.

DenzDaniel and jayparalejas like this.
  6. kwazykat

kwazykat New Member

Hi!! do they still have stocks of the macbook pro base model at SM aura powermac and can you avail the education discount??

7. mykelangelo

mykelangelo Member

AutoCAD 2021 needs at least 16GB Memory in my opinion.

8. dojsunga

dojsunga New Member

Anyone having bluetooth issues with their Macbook pro 13 2020?

9. imyigarcia

imyigarcia Member

I bought my very first Macbook Pro 13" 2020 in Powermac last September 19th. Got the 2.0ghz/16GB/512GB version.

I use this mainly for work - emails using Outlook, occasional Excel spreadsheets (very basic reports), Google Drive via Safari for other reports, FB messenger app for staying in touch with my team since we are working from home, Google Hangouts via Chrome for staying in touch with my counterparts in other locations.

I also use this for leisurely browsing - Facebook sometimes, forums such as here in philmug, personal email using Mail, reading articles.

I've only used Photoshop twice since getting the MBP, and that was to do slight edits on 2 photos (as in just adjusted the brightness and saturation to make the photo more appealing). I have no other "heavy" programs installed.

Battery life shows that I lose about 3% every 45 minutes to an hour with my usage, and start charging when it goes below 85%. Not sure if this is a good practice, but Im a little OC about battery life (and battery cycles, which is now at 15 as of today).

I noticed that my keyboard tends to get warm, and checking the temp via Fanny widget, I've seen a maximum of 68°C. Would this be considered as normal, considering my usage? Sorry if I sound like such a noob about this, well because I am one. :p