2020 MBP 13”

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by denpacs, May 4, 2020.

1. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Welcome! I love the inclusion of Touch ID & physical Esc key and exclusion of Touch Bar. Saving $300 could go towards something else.

2. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

for me go for Base Pro or you can view youtube comparing those two :) (that's why I came up with go for Pro)

3. CARS426

CARS426 New Member

Been watching a ton of videos comparing the two, but still needed some opinions I can trust ;). If you don't mind me asking, what pushed you over to the Pro side of things?

4. drewbarrymost

drewbarrymost New Member

Same, and there's an issue about using Zoom/Skype which can overheat the Air.

5. drewbarrymost

drewbarrymost New Member

Very helpful and smart comparison. Not only relying on benchmarks ;)

6. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

A greenhills reseller texted me their prices:

Macbook Air 2020
    i3 256gb - 58k
    i5 512 - 75k

Macbook Pro 2020
    1.4 256gb - 73.5k
    1.4 512gb - 85.5k
    2.0 512gb - 104k
    2.0 1TB - 115K

Nope nope, too high at the moment. Ugh can’t go to Japan/HK this year, so I’m looking for the locally sourced best deal.

markandapps likes this.
  7. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

Same price as online.

8. drewbarrymost

drewbarrymost New Member

They have stocks?

9. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

according from what I have seen, both are capable but the pro can sustain performance longer in terms of thermals. In the case of MBAir I didn't like how the cooling system is designed.

CARS426 likes this.
  10. warmgreentea

Tentative at May 20. But this is one of the resellers from GH, so it might be gray market.

11. drewbarrymost

drewbarrymost New Member

Oh yeah, saw this one too. Has anyone here bought from his store? I'm thinking to wait na lang sa online store since I am elig for student discount and I need to modify some specs. Help haha

12. CARS426

CARS426 New Member

Would you mind sharing this contact sir? Thank you

13. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

Ang tagal dumating. I want to upgrade from my 2017 MBP, but it's taking so long. If I had more cash I'd get the 16-inch, but I also want to get the 2020 iPad Pro . Hope the official resellers bring it in already. I want to purchase using my credit card.

14. mjsp

mjsp Member

same request :) thanks

15. warmgreentea

So many have been messaging me about it. For those who are asking, it is BosJap. Never bought from them, but I heard they're quite reliable.

drewbarrymost likes this.
  16. Jeffrey004

Jeffrey004 New Member

Hello! Im currently a graduate school student. Do you know what documents they require to be able to avail the discount. Im planning to a customized specs of MBP din eh! Thank you.

17. Jeffrey004

Jeffrey004 New Member

Hello everyone, I'm initially planning to get the mbp 16" but when I was able to actually touch and see it in person, compare with the 2019 13" mbp, I dont see myself carrying that huge device most of the time so I really cant compromise the portability. Im planning to get the $1,999 base specs (already at 1TB storage) and looking at upgrading 2.3GHz 10th Gen i7 processor and 32GB of RAM. Is it worth the to upgrade both (processor and ram) or I can just choose which one? What should I prioritize to upgrade? Im planning to use this long term for programming, autocad and some design stuff, school and work related activities, a little bit of video and photo editing. I really need an advise since I dont want to waste all of the upgrade that I wont need. Thank you :)

18. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

If you really need the 32gb RAM for your applications, then go ahead! But I advise against upgrading the cpu, it nets a minimal improvement at best. The 10th gen Core i5 with G7 graphics is already bang-for-buck. If you really need more power then the 16 mbp or a desktop mac will be a better buy.

drewbarrymost likes this.
  19. drewbarrymost

drewbarrymost New Member

Naka student discount rin kasi ako sa iTunes. Nag try ako mag check out one-time, wala naming ibang verification na hinanap. Feeling ko as long as nagsubmit ka na before ng ID, yun na yun. Pero ayun, if first time mag apply ng discount sa Apple, ready lang ng valid student ID.

20. Jeffrey004

Jeffrey004 New Member

Thank you! I havent really seen a lot of reviews comparing i5 and i7, and cant verify if theres going to be alot of improvements. MBP 16" is too big for me. I considered that too but if you think about it, there might be a spec upgrade of the 16" in the next refresh and I cant wait that longer. Theyll probably add 10th gen chip in the next releases. Well, i dont know. hahaha! its really ideal to buy the recent release so you dont have to think about all these rumors or "next" release whatsoever. LOL.