2020 Formula One Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Roman, Jan 23, 2020.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

That Lando managed fifth with that sensational last lap is indicative of his desire to win, or at least gain a podium again. Now put him in a faster car, then expect that to be real. Here’s looking at you McLaren.

Mykolant likes this.
  2. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

That's why I can't wait for 2021 where McLaren will again be powered by Mercedes.

Mykolant, Dekra and hitme64 like this.
  3. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Hot rumor: Vettel is "about to sign" with Aston Martin (Racing Point's new name) in 2021.Of course, Stroll won't be axed so it's looking like Checo will be left without a drive (for now) next year.

hitme64 likes this.
  4. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

hmmm, it's also possible that lance would be demoted to reserve driver? Perez is still sponsored by Carlos Slim, right? They wouldn't throw that sponsor money away in a snap and besides, Perez is still a better driver than Stroll. Now, PapaStroll can buy a FormulaE team for Lance. HAHA jk

5. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    But Checo knows he has some "clout" to shop around for another team, because even if he's the better driver vs Lance, he knows Racing Point/Aston Martin will never be his team, where Lance is COO (Child Of Owner).

Might as well bring over his slew of sponsors to another team where he can be Top Dog and give the Strolls a run for their money!

Perez aware of Vettel deal, in talks with other teams

Roman likes this.
  6. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

If there will be no rain or SC in the race today, I think it will be a Merc 1-2 snoozefest. Possible 1-2-3-4 :sleep:

Mykolant likes this.
  7. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Yep. The next fastest car to this year’s Merc is last year’s Merc.

Really not a fan of tRacing Point and (S)troll. Checo ok pa siguro.

8. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

Yep, I don't think anyone can beat the Mercs this season. At least the first lap was interesting. After that, I resumed my "nap".

Kidding aside, RB doing a great job on splitting the Mercs.

Just a little bit of analysis.. I think Crofty mentioned it on-air. Mercedes really pushed themselves on designing the best car for the 2020 season expecting a great battle with Ferrari because of their strong performance early in the 2019 season. Even beating them on some tracks.

But since the FIA-Ferrari engine fiasco happened, it forced Ferrari to re-design their engine for the 2020 car and as we now know, it is nowhere near the performance from last year's. Now it is looking like Mercedes are over-doing it/really dominating, but no, it is their competition that really f****d up.

#128 pepspeps, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Mykolant and Roman like this.
  9. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

^I still don’t understand how and why the FIA agreed to keeping the result of that investigation under wraps. If Ferrari was in breach, Why weren’t they penalized?

10. yehey9

I’m happy Haas got on points. Been secretly rooting for them since netflix’s drive to survive.. haha

11. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

Same. I think there's more to this that we don't know, or because no one really filed a formal protest? I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

They really deserved it. Gambling on slicks after the first lap. Too bad both Haas cars got a 10s penalty after the race, though MAG is still in the points in P10.

#131 pepspeps, Jul 20, 2020
    Roman likes this.
  12. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Another Hunga-boring race. Maybe they should widen the track in the corners.

Roman likes this.
  13. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Most exciting bit for me was the engineers of Max getting work done seconds before the allowed time. And this was BEFORE the race start pa!

Mykolant and Dekra like this.
  14. hitme64

Well, the horrors. After finishing 3rd and 5th the last two races, Lando just disappears in this race and so did McLaren, well except for Carlos who salvages that last point. The horrors, indeed.

But hey, Haas just got some points and Vettel just managed to finish in a Ferrari, which is actually a compliment.

Mykolant and Dekra like this.
  15. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I love watching people work, especially when they’re the best in the world at what they do. I’m talking about ... Red Bull mechanics!

hitme64 likes this.
  16. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Even Mr. Clarkson got bored:

Wait, this was from exactly a year ago

#136 Dekra, Jul 20, 2020
    Roman likes this.
  17. Mykolant

Just because Mercedes keeps winning doesn't mean there's something wrong with F1. There IS something wrong with the other teams, though.

Mercedes upped their performance because they thought Ferrari would also up their game, coming from improved performance towards the end of last season. Mercedes was expecting to get tougher competition from the Scuderia, yun pala maling akala.

hitme64 and pepspeps like this.
  18. yehey9

You’ve got to give it up to the red bull mechanics/engineers though. Who knew they’d have their own DAS with just months of development?

D1FDFB02-809C-4C3A-AF0D-A57D1AE1AF3E.jpeg

Kidding aside, sheesh, how do you even recover from that. I wish they put that on consumer cars, so when you crash, the steering thing-a-ma-jig would just spring back to normal position and would be ready to use again.

hitme64 likes this.
  19. hitme64

There’s no more drama in F1. Ever since Schumi retired. Ever since Hamilton started winning championships. Ever since Ferrari became the Tyrel of formula racing.

20. Mykolant

I'm good without all the drama. I just watch "Drive to Survive" on Netflix to catch all the drama.

I'm at the point where I am satisfied merely watching cars go uselessly around a racetrack...again, and again, in a transfixed state, no emotion, no feelings. Like an automaton...

To each his own I guess, hehe. I'll just take any F1 racing I can get. Can't do anything about it.

Theus likes this.