2019 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yoh_hectic, Jul 9, 2019.

1. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

MacBook Air Updated With True Tone Display and Lower $1,099 Starting Price
    Tuesday July 9, 2019 5:46 am PDT by Joe Rossignol
    Apple today announced that it has updated the MacBook Air with a True Tone display and lowered the price of the notebook to $1,099 in the United States, or $999 for qualifying students through Apple's education store.

[​IMG]
    True Tone automatically adjusts the white balance of the MacBook Air's display to match the color temperature of the light around you to provide a more natural viewing experience. The feature is similar to Night Shift, but more dynamic, continuously adapting to the surrounding environment.

This is the first update to the MacBook Air since it was radically redesigned in October 2018 with a Retina display, faster 8th-generation Intel Core processors, butterfly keyboard, larger trackpad, Touch ID, two Thunderbolt 3 ports, Apple T2 chip with Hey Siri support, louder speakers, and more.

$1,099 continues to get you a 1.6GHz dual-core Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD, and Intel UHD Graphics 617.

The entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro was also refreshed today with the latest 8th-generation Intel Core quad-core processors for up to two times faster performance. The notebook now also features the Touch Bar, Touch ID, True Tone, and the Apple T2 chip. Pricing starts at $1,299, or $1,199 for qualifying students.

The 2019 MacBook Air is available to order now.

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Argh, still the butterfly keyboard...and with it, just a few months time before it starts to go haywire.

3. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

I really feel bad for buying the MB Air last year with 256gb ssd not because of the True Tone Display on the new one buy because of the price drop. Could have bought the new MB Pro with 256gb ssd for the same price I bought my 2018 MB Air with.

4. Noel Nuguid

Noel Nuguid New Member

promising update. but i think i still want to see how they can fix the keyboard. for one, i dont think latest version actually fixed it otherwise it wouldn’t be part of the free keyboard repair program.

and also, i’ve heard that apple is looking into to reverting to the scissors based keyboard by 2020 so i think i can hold unto my 2013 mbp 15 until that time.

5. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Hehehe I feel you in this scenario, Same with me i also purchase the Macbook Air, but the end of the day it really depends on how you use this device :)

6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

The new, cheaper, MacBook Air includes ~35% slower SSD compared to 2018 model | 9to5Mac

7. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

Is the 2017 air have the old keyboard mechanism?
    the 2019 has the butterfly?

8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

The MacBook Air with USB-C is using the butterfly keyboard

2nd Gen Air (non-Retina) which was available until early this year used the scissor mechanism.

Macmon likes this.