2018 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yoh_hectic, May 13, 2018.

1. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

Apple’s first flagship store just opened here in BKK last Nov. 10 and will be going there this Wednesday for our “Today at Apple” sessions. I hope I could contain myself and not get the Retina Macbook Air on that day, which I promised my fianceé that I wouldn’t be getting until my birthday this December.

#81 amieldh, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    hitme64 likes this.
  2. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm also on the MBAir Boat. Won't buy just yet, will wait for processor/storage improvements. I'm upset, 128GB for $1199 is disrespect.
    If I had to buy now, I'd get 128GB + 16GB RAM for better multitasking. How I wish it started at $999.​

Moving forward, I'm offloading myself from the "PRO/MAX" line of Apple.
    I'm starting with iPhone XR (from iPhone X), and then MacBook Air (From 13" Pro). For my use-case, the price difference is just not worth it.​

Ghibli and hitme64 like this.
  3. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Played with the Air over the weekend... Funny that Challenger (Vivo City) decided to put the old and new Air side by side (the old one was sold at a discounted price)

New Air looks really good (I feel like it now belongs to the "Apple Family"

Shadowfox, Reepicheep and hitme64 like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Ahh, my son-in-law just sent to me the new MB Air via my daughter's best friend and...anyway, it's here still wrapped in its box and unopened...

It'll stay in the box until it gets to its new owner who is not a member of PhilMug, unfortunately...I wish him the best of luck and lots of envy over his new toy...

I only ordered the new iPad Pro and until it comes through my door this month, I can only fret that I didn't get the MBA because it's so darn beautiful...even if I'm just looking at its box...

5. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

My 2015 MBA died on me when I was in Korea last week—probably a hard drive problem (sayang, 1TB pa naman) which no amount of reformatting in AFPS or HFS or loading with all (I mean ALL) OSes from Yosemite to Mojave could fix (the OS would load then go into fits of kernel panics).

So needing an MBA desperately (am leaving again for Taiwan in a few days) and with pretty simple needs (MS Word, Photos, and iTunes) and unable to wait 30-45 days to order the new MBA, I opted to chase down an almost new (17 battery cycles) 2017 MBA with great specs (512 gb SSD) for a very decent price. It’s so new that I was even to enroll it for AppleCare. ;) The only hitch is the Italian keyboard (was probably brought in by an OFW). Have to impove my Italian then. Molto bene! Ciao! ;)

(But if I see the new MBA in Taiwan, who knows what could happen? I got the 2017 for such a good price I could offload it easily.... But then I really prefer the old USB ports..... Hmmm.....)

hitme64 likes this.
  6. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Good luck! Hope it is more readily available in Taiwan. (I fully support getting new MBA haha)

I have a Plan A (from HK) and a Plan B (from Sydney) to get the MBA. It is just a question of EQ for me. I think I may be able to get the MBA cheaper in Sydney, GST refund plus minimal reseller discount, but I'll have to wait until December. Or, I can get one by next week at SRP in HK. Don't know if there are discounts there though.

7. penmanila

Staff Member

LMK already has them. Not cheap, but they're here.

8. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

I was finally able to go to an Apple Flagship Store... too bad, bukas pa raw dadating ung Retina Macbook Air and iPad Pro. I was really looking forward to seeing the Retina Air in person.. :( But it was an amazing experience.. :D and maybe it was a good thing para iwas away if nakabili ako kanina. LOL

Attached Files:

9. paulbrian101

paulbrian101 New Member

I won an auction for a Macbook Air 2017 8gb 256gb. I have tried the keyboard for current MBA and MBP and I find it too shallow to my liking. Add to the fact that the keyboard problem is still prevalent. I can tolerate the screen and processing power as I am a light user (browsing, typing, YT, etc.). Just sharing my perspective coming from an MBA 2014.
    Currently waiting for it.

10. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

11. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

Finally got to play with the new MB Air at a local reseller last night. Such a beauty..

Attached Files:

12. jmrtlara

jmrtlara Member

Any news when we’re getting the new iPads and MBA?

13. penmanila

Staff Member

Like I mentioned earlier, LMK has a few units available of the new MBAs.

14. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

Just finished setting up my new Retina MBA, Space Grey with 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM.. this little guy's snappy! No regrets.

received_363494734409600.jpeg

jayparalejas, Theus, raypin and 4 others like this.
  15. FrenzyBanana

FrenzyBanana Member

16. FrenzyBanana

FrenzyBanana Member

okay ba to sa young mom?
    minsan lang naman yun nag eedit video. family home video.
    sync photos. movies sa ipad (para sa anak nya)
    problem kasi sa previous macbook pro nya nag bebeach ball palagi maski sa simple task lang.

17. cheddarv

cheddarv Member

The NEW MacBook Air is now available at Beyond The Box

Available in Gold, Space Grey and Silver

Prices:
    MacBook Air 13" 128GB - P74,990
    MacBook Air 13" 256GB - P86,990

Available for 24 months 0% installment for Unionbank, Security Bank, Metrobank, BPI, Eastwest Bank, PNB, and Citibank.

Drop by to any of the following Beyond the Box stores: VMall | Southwoods | Fairview | Piazza | City of Dreams | Ermita

Availability of items may vary per store.

18. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Funny that when I dropped by BTB Virra Mall yesterday and saw the new MBA my first reaction was to swipe the screen...no reaction...of course, it's just a simple laptop, nothing more

So I thought I was the only one to do that...later a couple came in and the dude did the same thing...hahaha

Apple naman, when are you going to come out with a 2-in-1? Or better yet a hybrid MBA-iPad Pro for that matter...

bacchus_3 likes this.
  19. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

With the Christmas break, I am finally able to play around with my 2018 MBA which I got via Sydney (256GB). My initial thoughts - I love the nicer screen, USB-C and the touch-ID. I don't mind the new keyboard (though it does feel different from my old MBA). I miss magsafe though.

amieldh likes this.
  20. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hey bro is this a macbook pro 2012?/2011 if yes i would suggest upgrade the hdd to ssd = 2k and a ram upgrade = 500-1.5k that should solve the slow hdd (beach ball loading) saves you $$$ base on what you said specs wise an old mbp should be ok :)

jayparalejas likes this.