2018 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. sled65

sled65 Member

Did anyone here get an Apple Protection Plan for your iPad Pro? I'm considering getting one, but based from the three iPads at home (mostly minis, so I didn't really bother getting extended warranty), I never really had any problems with them even after three/four years of use.

2. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

Not sure if my experience will help. I have a 2017 iPad Pro and I didn't avail of Apple Care. Something happened to the screen and they had to replace it but thankfully it was still under the usual warranty. Maybe when I upgrade to the 2020 iPad Pro I will get extended warranty.

3. Paulo del Puerto

I got AppleCare+ when I bought my 2018 iPad Pro in SG. Within the year, I broke it x it got soaked in water inside my daughter's bag. I was able to claim the replacement via BTB.

Same with my 1st Gen 12" iPad Pro. It had AppleCare+ when I bought it second hand. I accidentally dropped it and broke the screen. Took it to BTB and got a replacement in a couple of weeks.

I'd get AppleCare+ again when I upgrade my iPad Pro.

4. J316

J316 Member

How much is the AppleCare+ for the iPad Pro?

5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Is it advisable ba to get applecare+?
    If ever could you still avail it if you already get the items a few weeks ago?

6. Ichanmrg

Ichanmrg New Member

I would like to get the AppleCare+ for my 2020 iPad Pro 11”. My problem is that I cannot get it via the US Apple Store online because I have a PH-issued credit card.

I have some questions:
    1. Is it possible if I use the Virtual AmEx by GCash with US address for me to buy the AppleCare+ online?
    2. Will PH Apple-authorized stores honor AppleCare+?

7. kaboomerangle

kaboomerangle Member

Apple unfortunately does not seem to accept the GCash virtual AMEX card. However, one workaround I discovered which seems to work at the moment is to register your GCash AMEX card to US PayPal (just click on the flag on the lower right of your browser to direct you to the US site) and add that US PayPal account to your Apple ID.

8. Ichanmrg

Ichanmrg New Member

Lovely! Does PMC and other PH Apple stores honor AppleCare+? For example, AppleCare+ allows 2 accidental damages to be covered... Will they honor this?

9. kaboomerangle

kaboomerangle Member

I think so, but I'm not sure. Better confirm with the retailers about it.

10. Ichanmrg

Ichanmrg New Member

I tried to open anUS PayPal account but I am having troubles. I got a Viber US Local number but did not receive an OTP form PayPal. I think I need another workaround...