2018 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. speeds

speeds Active Member

Tried this on apricot OTG the one's kimstore sells. so far it does not work. it only opens photos app on the iPad

2. danielg

danielg PhilMUG Addict Member

Can you copy photo files from the ipad to the OTG? So far, my most pressing need currently is for the back up of photo files from the ipad to the OTG while travelling. I want to travel light kasi :)

3. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

I’m interested in getting an iPad Pro but I’m torn between the 11in and 12.9in model. I would primarily use it to edit photos when I’m travelling. My main photo editing machine will still be the MBP whenever I’m home. But when I’m on a business trip which requires me to bring my work laptop which is already bulky and heavy, I can no longer afford to bring another laptop. My only gripe about the iPad Pro is I like using Lightroom Classic rather than the Lightroom CC so I will have to male some changes on my workflow. But do you think the 11in is okay for my needs and just use the extra money I’ll be saving for the Apple Pencil?

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...definitely buy the 11” to do your light photo editing during your travels with your MBP doing your heavy photo editing at home. How healthy are your eyes? If it is bad, like mine, get the 12.9.

danielg likes this.
  5. John Dowe

John Dowe New Member

Guys, Just want to ask, nakabili ako ng Smart Keyboard folio for iPad pro12.9, normal ba na medyo stiff ang spacebar button compared to other keys?, wala naman problems sa response, medyo stiff lang talaga cya. Normal lang ba? Thx

6. danielg

I owned the 1st gen 12.9". I love the screen real estate but the size makes it cumbersome to travel with. I went with the 11" and I love it. I do miss the larger screen but the portability I gained with the 11" outweights the longing for a larger screen. Do get the Pencil 2 also. You will find it to be such a great tool to use :) The fullpledged version of Photoshop is coming to iOS real soon, in the meantime you can also try Affinity to edit.

This was my tech travel gear for my Taiwan trip last December :)
    [​IMG]

hyperjigs, Aargh, Theus and 2 others like this.
  7. danielg

Actually using the iPad forces me to "shoot it right" so that I won't need to do heavy duty editing. I hope to get there one day :D

raypin likes this.
  8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...sadly, I lost my love for photography decades ago. Last time I was really into it was high school. Joined an amateur photography group to learn the hobby. My weapon of choice: my dad’s Pentax K1000 35 mm SLR. Yes, film and fully manual. No photo editing BS. Just me, my camera and the subject.

D6DD95A0-25C8-4358-91C1-D71D948B588E.jpeg

I frequented Kameraworld along Espana for supplies.

kyubi and danielg like this.
  9. justinferreros

I just bought the 2018 iPad Pro Wifi+Cellular from a local gray seller and tried checking its serial number to check its warranty coverage in the apple website, it says device not registered. So i guess no warranty. Had to bite the bullet simply because every local official store has no stocks!

#349 justinferreros, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

I think that's expected right? It's a new device, so you have to login using your apple id and once the setup is done, the warranty should show up on the website.

Unless it's states that the warranty is expired or out of coverage.

raypin likes this.
  11. justinferreros

Yup, you’re right. It showed right after setting up my apple id. It’s been a while since i bought a new apple device and my first time buying from gray market.

12. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

Because this is what I do when buying from other sellers:

I always ask for the serial number beforehand and verify this online which should not have any start date of warranty. Then during meet-up, I'll check the box if it matches the serial number that was given, and also check the unit for the exact serial number.

13. xetra_dax

xetra_dax Member

To those who want to purchase Paperlike, you can use JOURNAL30 as discount code to your order

Attached Files:

jayparalejas and raypin like this.
  14. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

How is paperlike any different from matte screen protectors? anyone compared it from generic ones.

15. xetra_dax

xetra_dax Member

i think it is rougher surface as compared to other matte protector

jayparalejas likes this.
  16. jayparalejas

So it wears on the pencil tip mich faster than using it bare?

17. xetra_dax

xetra_dax Member

I saw a review on macrumors, hope this might help.. Look on Eichorn's comment last January 8

jayparalejas likes this.
  18. jayparalejas

Thank You

19. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

When you use paperlike would you suggest this on top of your tempered glass? my point is in the event that you will have to claim warranty to your device you won't waste getting another one :)

20. JoanneWillian

JoanneWillian New Member

I got my iPad Pro lately, and I’m so glad I paid a little extra for the extra storage (128GB) so I never again have to second-guess downloading something I really want due to space concerns or delete some app that I don't want for extra space. the color surprises me, I love it. - somewhere between Apple’s rose gold and regular gold. I do a lot or reading on my iPad, and the white border is easier on my eyes for that. I think iPad Pro is one of the most worthy iPad Models.

raypin likes this.