2018 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

i'm currently using my apple charger from the macbook pro touchbar to charge the ipad pro 11 aside from the charger that came with it, and i'm curious if its safe to charge it using my anker multi-port charger? this multiport is the regular 5-port chargers that has USB-A connectors. I have a USB-A to USB C cable and would this be safe for the ipad pro? i asked because this charger is on my desk so i dont need to replace them if ever for occasional charge in the office, many thanks

#321 shootertwist, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....I don’t think that it is advisable to use a charging station without a dedicated USB C output, using a USB C to USB A adaptor. Better invest in a charging station with both USB C and USB A power outputs to be in the safe side. So, USB C devices goes to USB C port and USB A devices to USB A port, for recharging. Separate dapat.

Third party:

https://9to5toys.com/2018/11/08/top-5-usb-c-fast-chargers-for-ipad-pro/

I have a 4-port USB A Anker but without USB C power output. I am dumping it in favor of the updated ones.

Baka umusok yung iPad Pro mo. :p

#322 raypin, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  3. shootertwist

^hehe oks bro, i actually have the anker multiport with usb c power delivery and been using it with my macbook pro for more than a year na sa house and ok naman sya, its the one in the office that needs updating though its still the old five port one... this anker is still alive after 3 years now i think, constantly connected to power outlet except on weekends

raypin likes this.
  4. raypin

Mm....am shopping around for one. Which Anker model (with USB C) have you been using?

5. shootertwist

raypin likes this.
  6. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

The latest firmware just fixed the problem of the Face ID not being able to work with a tempered glass installed. ;);)

7. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

My son complaining that while he is playing Hello. Neighbor in his new ipad pro 2018, it resets and goes back to apple logo. His power naman is still at 60%. Runs in latest Software. What’s the issue po kaya.

8. Xcalith

Xcalith Member

Has anyone seen a 11' 256 gig wifi model in space grey in a brick and mortar shop? Dropped by the V-Mall Branch of Beyond the Box earlier and it seems they're out indefinitely. Looking to get one within the week preferably. Or is it advisable to get one from one of the stalls in Greenhills?

9. ian_gabinete

ian_gabinete Member

You may want to check the marketplace here...

10. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

PowerMac Aura I think had restocks recently. They called me 2 days ago if I was still interested for the one I reserved last Dec 17 but I already got one from B2B I opted out.

11. suchtambay

suchtambay Member

any leads on an apple pencil Gen 2?

12. danielg

danielg PhilMUG Addict Member

I am happy to report that I recently took my 11" with me for my 5 day trip to Taipei. I left behind my ancient 13" MBP (2010 model) and used the iPad Pro 11" with the Pencil 2 as my main photo editing/storage device. All my photos were dumped into the iPad via a USB-C SD card reader and all photos (including RAW images) were processed, edited then uploated to FB via the iPad. I used Lightroom CC for my editing. All my complains were more geared towards LR than towards the iPad. The main complain I have towards the device is again iOS issues ( the inability to natively export photos to USB-C storage devices for me to have redundant backup/archive for my images) than hardware issues. I love the Pencil + iPad combo in editing the photos. The better screen makes it such a joy to use. I am absolutely delighted that I can now travel "lighter" by leaving behind my laptop and using this as my editing device :)

Now I am gonna try out Affinity to see if it will perform better than Lightroom CC and then I am gonna save up for either a Gnarbox/DJI Lacie Copilot BOSS/WD Wireless drive to allow me to back up my photos :)

raypin and hyperjigs like this.
  13. hyperjigs

hyperjigs Member

Try Beyond the Box, Century City Mall. Was was able to get one today - they had 2 in stock.

14. danielg

AJT in Greenhill has them in stock. I got mine there.

15. suchtambay

suchtambay Member

Thanks, @danielg and @hyperjigs. AJT and BTB did not have stocks when i called.

Got mine at PowerMac Megamall. Restocked last December 30.

16. raypin

Mm...if you have existing external hard drive, usb sticks etc., this is a decent (and far less expensive) alternative:

E31F6F8B-5BD1-4231-B1B7-F74C4F6485F3.png

Just plug your existing storage, download the Filehub app, and pair it with your iPad Pro 11”.

hyperjigs and danielg like this.
  17. danielg

Nice! Thanks so much for the tip. Willl check it out

18. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Sadly there’s none anymore there.

19. jmkerr12

jmkerr12 Member

Hey guys, anyone who can give me a lead where to get smart keyboard folio locally?

20. danielg

I have a crowdsource question guys. I wonder if anyone here has tried this. Will any OTG device (Leek iBridge, Sandisk iExpand, etc..) made for the iOS with lighting connector work with the new iPad Pros if we attach it to a Lighting to USB-C adapter and connect it to our new iPad Pro? Thanks in advance.