2018 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...yes Face ID will still work even if it is laid flat on a desk so long as your face is within reasonable range of the Face ID sensor array. Since the new Face ID works at any angle, lay the iPad Pro flat to your side (around 45 degrees to your left or right and about half an arm’s length away) with the Face ID sensor positioned closest to your face. Face ID is on the power button side of the iPadPro. That way, you can keep the desk real estate directly in front of you free to do your stuff.

For faster unlock, set to off “Require Attention for Face ID.” It is an option but not recommended, for security reasons.

#281 raypin, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    potpot2 likes this.
  2. speeds

speeds Active Member

The long wait is over.

The NEW iPad Pro is now available in Beyond the Box stores.

Available in Space Grey and Silver

Prices:
    iPad Pro WiFi 11IN 64GB - P51,990
    iPad Pro WiFi 11IN 256GB - P61,490
    iPad Pro WiFi 11IN 512GB - P73,990
    iPad Pro WiFi 11IN 1TB - P98,990

iPad Pro WiFi+Cell 11IN 256GB - P70,990
    iPad Pro WiFi+Cell 11IN 512GB - P83,490
    iPad Pro WiFi+Cell 11IN 1TB - P108,490

iPad Pro 3 WiFi 12.9IN 64GB - P64,990
    iPad Pro 3 WiFi 12.9IN 256GB - P73,990
    iPad Pro 3 WiFi 12.9IN 512GB - P86,490

Available for 24 months 0% installment for Unionbank, Security Bank, Metrobank, BPI, Eastwest Bank, PNB, and Citibank.

Drop by to any of the following Beyond the Box stores: VMall | Southwoods | Fairview | Piazza | City of Dreams

Availability of items may vary per store.

raypin and mr.butch like this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

No Apple Pencils on stock...? That's the only bum thing...

4. xetra_dax

xetra_dax Member

Tipid tip: try to scout your Ipad Pro at Macau, i bought ipad pro 11 256GB, for around P60k (with apple keyboard pa yun) ;)

5. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Has anyone here found a tempered glass that will still allow Face ID to work?

6. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

Anyone knows where to find a great case for iPad Pro 12.9 aside from Greenhills?

Finally got my iPad Pro yesterday from BTB Venice

7. xetra_dax

xetra_dax Member

I think the paperlike will do
    Yes, i also bought mine at macau

8. prinzhernan

prinzhernan Active Member

I bought my apple pencil and keyboard in Ambassador in Glorietta 2. Call ahead of time. :)

Keyboard 11k
    Pencil 7.9k
    iPad Pro 11" 256 WIFI - 58k

Prices were really competitive and owner issues official receipts so I could get the 12% tax refunded through a friend's company. As much as I want to support our local official retailers the price difference was just too big. iPads have global warranty anyway wherever you buy them so it doesn't matter where we get them.

#288 prinzhernan, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    teachertwish likes this.
  9. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

Found an Apple Smart Polio for 12.9 @ BTB Uptown Mall today

Attached Files:

10. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

After buying from Apple Store IconSiam having it refunded (at a loss of P2,100+) because it was bought with the ECG-less Series 4 Apple Watch and then rebuying it as my sole item made me wish I bought my iPad Pro & Series 4 from the US instead during Black Friday and Cyber Monday and freight forwarded it back home.

Thailand's VAT refund is a joke. They do not fully refund the whole VAT that you paid and just a portion of it.

For your benefit I would have bought mine from BH Photo and paid the freight back. I would have gotten a $50 discount and not need to deal with any sort of sales tax or VAT. Mental note... focus your shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Cyber Week and Green Monday.

11" iPad Pro 256GB Wi-Fi
    $899/₱47,661.38 at BHPhoto
    ฿33,900.00/₱54,835.77 at Apple Store IconSiam

But Ambassador in Glorietta 2 looks like a more square deal if you have a company that can use the tax shield.

raypin likes this.
  11. xetra_dax

xetra_dax Member

I think the 12% tax shield is the Zero Rated tax that was enjoyed by PEZA locators.. in that case i can use the Zero rated docs

12. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Finally got my 11-inch ipad pro... i wouldnt lie, i was so tempted by the 12.9 screen, its a lot more tolerable now, hindi na sya parang tray hehe,,, if this was a laptop replacement for me then i would have gone with the 12.9...

one thing that made me resist is the fact that its still a bit heavy for one hand browsing or use, and i also have a 13-inch mbp with touchbar so it would be sort of redundant as i wouldnt have that portable screen size for couch use and i dont see myself doing multitasking even with the bigger screen as i rarely do that even on my macbook.

This 11-inch ipad is just really for tablet use for me, and its perfect for that. Love the new look, and finally both by iphone and ipad have face id... before with the ipad pro 10.5 i see myself staring at the screen and waiting for it to unlock or waiting for the icloud keychain to load just by looking at it and i remember i do need still to use my finger for touch id, hehe, now they both do the same so for sure that's a welcome change. I also went with the 64gb, i dunno i guess i wanted to see if i can get by with cloud storage i'll take it as an experiment .. and also if ever its not enough, i have reason to maybe, just maybe get a 12.9 ipad pro about six months from now just to see how it is with such a big screen so its win-win in my book :)

13. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I’ve been experiencing a lot of bugs on my unit. When i take a screenshot, nothing seems to have happened, but if you check the camera roll, the screen shot is there. Isn’t that there is suppose to be a splash screen that will show you temporay the screen shot you took and whether you want to edit it?

14. potpot2

Ios 12.1.2 is out

#294 potpot2, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  15. magkono

magkono Member

did the update solve your screenshot problem?

16. potpot2

Seems so!
    Haven’t re-encountered any bugs so far.

magkono likes this.
  17. potpot2

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/19/apple-2018-ipad-pros-ship-bent/

My ipad pro 9.7 was also bent. And when i took it to power mac for warranty because i was having issues with my touch screen, they tood me that my warranty is voided because my ipad is bent.

Well, during steve job’s time, i dont think he would not allow this to happen. Shipping bent ipads and telling us it is normal.
    Apple definitely is slipping in terms of quality!

18. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..yes....the usual or normal is after you take a screenshot, a thumbnail pic will settle to the left lower side of the screen soon after you hear the camera shutter sound. If you do nothing, it will slide out of view to the left after 5 seconds.

Regarding the bent iPad Pros, out of the box, the solution is simple. Exchange it for a new unit. That is why it is imperative for buyers to physically inspect the unit before leaving the store because there will always be lemons. In addition, test everything first. Apple makes and ships around 200 million iOS devices each year. Some defective units will inevitsbly wind up in the hands of consumers.

#298 raypin, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  19. danielg

danielg PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm.. how come my 11" cant seem to find this update while my iPhone X can ? :(

20. cheddarv

cheddarv Member

iOS 12.1.2 is only for iPhone