2018 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Two words: buttery smooooth.

Yeah, baby.

cholale, Aargh and raypin like this.
  2. hyperjigs

hyperjigs Member

Would you recommend buying the iPad Pro from Apple online store in the US and deliver via LBC shipping cart? My purpose is to use the money saved to buy accessories from Amazon and ship them all together in one package. Considering taxes and shipping fees, I’m not sure if it would be a cheaper alternative.

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....do the math first. The price difference might not be worth it considering:

1. Anything could happen between shipping and delivery. Your iPad Pro may be damaged during transit . Or you could end up woth a lemon unit. What happens then?

2. May or may not be honored for local warranty support since it was acquired abroad.

3. Lost in transit. What happens then? Is it insured and how to claim?

You need definitive, hard answers before deciding. Weigh the risks considering the considerable investment.

#223 raypin, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    hitme64 and hyperjigs like this.
  4. coffeeboy

coffeeboy Active Member

Any leads? Thanks

5. hitme64

Shipping is one thing, especially when the package is as delicate and fragile as an iPad Pro. @raypin is right that your unit could be damaged or even be a lemon.

Best alternative still is asking someone you know visiting the US to have it delivered there and brought home by hand or luggage...

My iPhone XS Max was supposed to be shipped via DHL Express (at a price almost 50% of the unit itself) but with caveats...DHL-X can only repay you $300 if it's lost in transit or damaged and that is way, way below a $1200 iPhone price...

Hence, the ole' wifey had to bring it home...of course, I had to fess up some bribe like a new refurbished iPad Pro 2017 for her...tough negotiations there

rbenzon, hyperjigs and raypin like this.
  6. raypin

Mm....Lamicall keyrings, for safe handling of my iPad Pro 11”. Now, I can confidently use the iPad one- handed, relaxed two-handed grip, for extended usage or in portrait mode. No stupid case needed. Can also be used as a kickstand for angled viewing and typing.

Adhesive used is by 3M. Bought from Amazon. This is a high-quality keyring. You should see the packaging and the literature inside, speaks volumes about the quality. Extra adhesives included.

I tried the Spigen Style Ring. Stupid adhesive won’t stick to the metal body of the iPad Pro.

87AB2425-634D-4B74-9376-7AB0A8A593F1.jpeg

For transport, my favorite local brand, Halo. Washable, neoprene material and thick enough to absorb shocks. Serves as a placemat. So no crap on my device.

C158A261-E9F5-43B1-9102-7ED234D12159.jpeg

For extended typing jobs, Apple Magic Wireless keyboard.

17BE21F4-21FE-4869-B317-C8ADCA4F5F48.jpeg

#226 raypin, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  7. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I bought 2 Macbook pros from B&H Photo and 2 iPads from the US Apple online store then shipped to Johnny Air. Just paid 3k pesos for each item (bought them separately during different times). Both Macbooks had butterfly keyboard issues during its warranty period and the repairs were honored by local official service centers.

You should not have a problem

#227 Salaryman Ryan, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    hyperjigs and raypin like this.
  8. hitme64

In my experience, buying any Apple product on the Apple Store, physical or online, is honored by local service centers.

The ONLY time it didn't, take note PMC, is my 1st gen Macbook Air, which had a boot issue then...PMC didn't take action because they haven't had the MBA then which would be forgivable had they not been grossly antagonistic...

raypin, Netskipper and Salaryman Ryan like this.
  9. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

2018 iPad Pro

Apple-authorized resellers B&H, Adorama, and MacMall are offering $50 to $100 off select 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro configurations, representing the first discounts on the 2018 models since they were released earlier this month.
    Micro Center is offering even steeper discounts of up to $149 off 2018 iPad Pro models, but the deal is only available at its 25 brick-and-mortar retail stores across the U.S. and can't be ordered online. Purchases are limited to one iPad Pro per household.

hyperjigs, raypin and Salaryman Ryan like this.
  10. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Is there anyone experiencing this too,
    When in fb and holding the ipad upside down, and i click open a picure, it shows up upside down.

leninmac likes this.
  11. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

Who has a reliable guess on when this new ipad pro will be available in our premium resellers?

12. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

No. But i've had issues when Siri gets activated just by unlocking the device. Thankfully I think it's been fixed. The biggest gripes I have so far are the lack of split keyboard and the face ID being disabled when using a full coverage tempered glass.

13. magkono

magkono Member

I had the same problem with the tempered glass. Not sure if mine is really tempered but after placing more pressure in the front camera area making sure the protector and screen were really tightly connected, Face ID has been working without glitches.
    This is what I’m using:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07G3Y4PLW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14. raypin

Mm...wondering about that myself. Most of the tempered glass made for face ID, starting from the X and up, have notches (to keep the camera and sensors uncovered). But the market-available tempered glass protectors for the new iPad Pros have no “notches” to keep the front camera and face ID sensor array uncovered. I assumed that you can cover the new iPad Pros completely since the vendors of these after-market accessories were fully informed of what to do with their products and not affect face i.d.

15. red_manila

red_manila Member

hyperjigs, raypin and shootertwist like this.
  16. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for the update! Was waiting for the official launch after i got confused whether to get the 11 or 12.9 inches, for sure an official release is coming... as i mentioned before the trend is one month wait for the ipad for ph release, its on its third week since US release tom so a Manila release is definitely forthcoming

17. raypin

Mm...this is an excellent alternative to the HEAVY keyboard case folio thingie for the iPad Pros:

https://www.studioneat.com/products/canopy

For existing Apple Magic Keyboard owners (like me), it is just usd 40.00 additional investment.

Imo, it is a much better solution rather than an Apple Folio since it is more versatile. Use the keyboard only when you need it. Use the iPad Pro in tablet mode easily without the added weight of a Folio. Works with all iOS devices including the iPhones.

Available on Amazon International for a totally hassle-free shopping experience. No stupid PH credit card paywall and no freight forwarder b.s.

18. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^looks great!

raypin likes this.
  19. raypin

Mm..strange problem. Can you post a pic?

20. hitme64

I have always wondered how it would look like to use a 12.9" iPad Pro as Waze navigation tool...now I know how to feel driving a Tesla Model S

That sucker is so big it almost shuts the aircon vents...

potpot2 and raypin like this.