2018 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

2017 iPad Pro was announced 1 year, 4 months, 5 days ago. What do you think will be new in the Late 2018 iPad Pro?

I am hoping for all iPhone Xs parts and aesthetics within a tablet form factor. :)

I noticed that the iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air and Macbook were all announced on June 5 2017.

Rumored features are listed here.

AVG likes this.
  2. AVG

AVG Active Member

Face ID that works portrait and landscape;)

3. yoh_hectic

Pricing and Availability
    • The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro will be available in silver and space gray finishes in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB configurations as well as a new 1TB option. The 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $799 (US) for the Wi-Fi model and $949 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at $999 (US) for the Wi-Fi model and $1,149 (US) for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model from apple.com and Apple Store locations, and is also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
    • The new iPad Pro models, Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard Folio are available to order starting today from apple.com with availability starting Wednesday, November 7, in the US and more than 40 additional countries and regions, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE and UK. Later this year, the new iPad Pro models will be available in Colombia, Greece, Greenland, Guatemala, India, Israel, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Macedonia, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and South Africa, with other countries and regions to follow.
    • The second generation Apple Pencil for the new iPad Pro will be available for $129 (US). The new Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro is available in space gray for $179 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $199 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with layouts for over 30 languages, including simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
    • A new Smart Folio for iPad Pro, in a protective, polyurethane folio design, will be available in a variety of colors for $79 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $99 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro at apple.com and Apple Store locations.
    • A wide assortment of Apple-designed USB-C accessories including adapters and cables also support iPad Pro and are available at apple.com and Apple Store locations, including a new USB-C to SD Card Reader and USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter.
    • With Apple GiveBack, customers can trade in their eligible device for an Apple Store Gift Card or partial refund on their purchase. If their device isn’t eligible for credit, Apple will recycle it for free.
    • Every customer who buys iPad Pro from Apple can enjoy free Personal Setup in-store or online, and receive guidance on how to customize their iPad Pro, set up email, find new apps from the App Store and more.
    • Anyone who wants to learn more or go further with iPad Pro or iOS 12 can sign up for free Today at Apple sessions at apple.com/today.

4. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

From what I see, the workflow for photographers would be easier because of the usb-c connectivity.

5. yoh_hectic

I agree. It was so conveient connecting my 7D & 5D via Micro-B to USB-C cable to my Nexus 6P and Essential Phone.

Apple Store PH prices of the 2018 iPad Pro is as follows for the Wi-Fi models.

11-inch
    ₱51,990 - 64GB
    ₱61,490 - 256GB
    ₱73,990 - 512GB
    ₱98,990 - 1TB

12.9-inch
    ₱64,490 - 64GB
    ₱73,990 - 256GB
    ₱86,490 - 512GB
    ₱111,490 - 1TB

Expect authorized resellers to offer a slight discount for these.

6. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

damn they have gotten so pricey, but cant say no to face id on an ipad and that full screen, will surely get the 11-inch version, had the 10.5 for more than a year and its been very dependable

AVG likes this.
  7. yoh_hectic

8. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

I'm digging the new design. It might be time to upgrade my almost 5-year old iPad Air 1.

9. dandelionne

dandelionne Member

Hmm. At those prices, I was hoping the screen was OLED like the iphone xs max, no rose gold color, still BLACK keyboard folio. Kinda disappointing.

#9 dandelionne, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The 11" iPad Pro would do, thank you very much...

11. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

12. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

That Pencil... 9K PHP

13. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Why on earth did they remove the headphone jack? Wrong move apple.

14. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

I love the design of the new iPads! I don't mind them removing the headphone jack as I don't use it. :LOL:

What I don't like is the price. I'd like me some iPad Pro 11-inch 256GB Wi-Fi but at Php61,490? Oof. :cry:

15. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

This is TRUE!!!! Apple products are too pricey now. Para na lang sila sa mga sobrang yaman na.. cant afford the new ipad. ill stick with my 10.5 for now. :-(

16. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

At this point, Apple is known for its pricing absurdity, that I have grown accustomed to it but refused to impulsively indulge it at most times. Wish they would price its products more competitively.

ronnel0918 likes this.
  17. jetan

Sell it. Get a new one

prof_er likes this.
  18. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

love the new iPad design but at that price i’m tempted to hold on to my iPad Pro 10.5 512gb rather than sell it and add for an iPad Pro 11” 256gb.

19. jetan

[​IMG]

much better.

20. armel

armel Active Member

I have my sights on the 11-inch wifi-cellular 256GB model. I hope they have it in stock next week when I go to Singapore. The price difference would help.