2016 Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yoh_hectic, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Not me personally, but two of my friends with the Space Gray MBP suffer from chipped and/or discoloured palm rests. Probably a reaction from body sweat and oil in constant contact with the area causing the chemically anodised coating to gradually uncover.

I've had mine for about a year and there was no discolouration present. I didn't do anything super special and I didn't consciously try to keep my wrists away from the palm rest. At most I just clean my MBP at least once a week using a slightly damp cloth. My Space Gray MBP top case has since been replaced to address its keyboard problems.

2. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Regarding the battery replacement program for 13” non touchbar. Where did you guys have your battery replaced?
    I went to Powermac service center Glorietta 5 and they seem to be not aware of the issue, they even told me there’s a 2,500 diagnostic fee if no issue is found, ofcourse they won’t find anything since it’s a recall program (n)

3. ruprup

ruprup Member

Anyone here having hardware issues with FaceTime?

My FaceTime just decided one day to not work. Brought to apple and qcd (sg) their diagnosis is hardware.

And the repair - replace the entire screen, which is SGD 600 + SGD150 service fee.

Unfortunately, I did not get Apple Care and it's not part of the theater light replacement program. And it's not even 2 years old yet.

4. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Have you tried SMC/PRAM Reset?

5. ruprup

ruprup Member

I tried all those things and brought to Apple and QCD. Both said it's hardware issue.

6. MBP2014

MBP2014 New Member

Anyone has an issue on Main Logic Board of their 13" MBP with Touch Bar 2016 model? I have a brand new MLB of this..Kindly PM me if you are interested..

8GB RAM and 512GB SSD Drive...

7. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

Not sure if anyone has encountered screen issues on their MBP 2016 lately. Earlier, I noticed that I needed to set the screen brightness to full in order to achieve the "normal" brightness level (I think this issue started a few months ago when I observed spotlight-like lights from the bottom of the screen).

So I tried to check if there's a recent repair program for Macbook Pro 2016 and found this:
    https://support.apple.com/en-ph/13-inch-macbook-pro-display-backlight-service

Need to visit an authorized service center in the coming days then. LCD + Keyboard + Battery replacement = almost new MBP 2016