2016 MacBook Pro 15" LCD issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Whiff and a sip, May 7, 2021.

1. Whiff and a sip

Whiff and a sip New Member

I have a 2016 MBP 15" with a blank screen problem.
    I'm pretty bummed since the LCD had already been replaced last 2019 and I had paid 30K for it.
    I am now having the same problems. The service guy said that the problem is on the flexwire which is a known defect.
    I cannot shell out another 30K to replace the LCD again. That is just too much and unfair. Apple should acknowledge this defect.
    What do I do with this laptop when 15 inches models are not under the Apple repair program ?
    Appreciate your advise. Thank you

2. Invisigoth

Invisigoth Active Member

A bit of googling would answer your concerns.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/21/18634438/flexgate-repair-program-macbook-pro-apple-announced

Call Apple Care... they may help you

This is also why I avoid unauthorized repair shops as when Apple has recalls they will void your warranty by default.