2015 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by macxchange, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Misterclutch

Misterclutch Member

the winner of game 5 bet. the spurs and clippers would probablu win the series.

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^reminds me of last year's San Antonio-Dallas series...

3. lmd052300

lmd052300 Member

4. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I thought it was impossible for me to hate the Celtics more. I was wrong. This team is among the top 3 most physical & dirtiest teams I've ever seen, together with the Bad Boys and Riley's Knicks. Except those teams played much better ball.

Searched for an appropriate reference and found this...

[video=youtube_share;nfKftsW8DhE]http://youtube/nfKftsW8DhE[/video]

#964 SE20, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

I agree w/ the Celtics' dirty plays. I don't understand why the refs don't notice them and the commentators/analysts tout them as the next "young, promising, talented team." That smug look on Isaiah Thomas's face each time he gets away with a non-call makes me think this guy has a small man complex who thinks he can do anything he wants just because he's smaller than the guys around him. I'm relieved we've seen the last of them in the postseason.

6. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

Love is out for the second round of the play offs, and J.R. Smith is suspended for the next two games. Wonder if Cleavland's opponent will be able to capitalize.

7. jawo

jawo Member

take out an opponent's starting forward in a playoff series in exchange for just a 1 game suspension, not a bad deal... olynyk and the celtics could just have possibly started a very dangerous trend.

8. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Do you guys really think Olynyk intended to do that? Love thinks so but I've been hearing from other players and analysts and they say this kind of thing just happens. Olynyk's not known to be a dirty player.Anyway things got interesting for Cleveland. They should be glad Chi-Mil is still ongoing. Still, Love is out for the next round at least. But hey, almost every team in the playoffs has their own injury issues (some worse than theirs) so they just have to roll with it.

9. shifty_md

He might have not meant to dislocate his shoulder but one thing's for sure. Olynyk never intended to make a play for the ball when he pinned Love's arm using both his hands.

10. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

I havent been watching any of the celtics games (since I hate that team) so I have no basis to say that this current team is a dirty team. anyway, after losing Love, JR Smith sure got back quickly against Crowder, who fell back awkwardly after getting hit in the head by that wayward arm of Smith on the rebound. Crowder could have been injured far worse with the way he fell. that left leg got twisted pretty bad. Ironically, it wasnt even Crowder who caused Love;s injury but Olynik (?). But I guess the celtics coach knew what was going to happen & thus, benched him for a long stretch, so the Cavs targeted somebody else..... & of course, that assault by Perkins against a member of his old team.. tsk tsk.

not surprisingly, the Cavs fans are saying it's a tit for tat thing & losing Love is far worse than what was inflicted against a Celtics team that is now gone for the summer. nonetheless, the Cavs should have been better than that. in the next round, they're out 2 players for the first few games. theyre lucky Perkins wasnt suspended as well (when he should have been). if they want to win it all, they should control their tempers better than what theyve shown so far. this is a clear sign of an immature team.

#970 greta87, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  11. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

I can't believe the Bulls are having difficulties with the Bucks. If they lose the series, that will be the end of Thibs with the team.

I was looking forward to the Bulls beating the Cavs in the 2nd round, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, I think the clippers are going to win over the Spurs.

And finally, the much vaunted better West teams have been decimated by injuries. Only the Warriors, Rockets (except for Beverley) and Clippers are not hobbled too much.

12. extreme16199

extreme16199 Member

I've caught more than a few celtics games (and game 4 of the cavs-celts matchup) and I don't see where the hate is coming from. One of the dirtiest teams ever? C'mon, all i see are a bunch of scrappy young players playing hard and making do with whatever limited talent they have. Love's injury was incidental, olynyk's not known to be a dirty player. Isaiah thomas joined the team at the trade deadline, if i remember correctly, he will not have had the tenure to influence the team's style of play. All i can say is brad steven's teams always play hard and better than they look on paper.

On another, quite amusing anecdote - isaiah thomas was named so because his father, who was a lakers supporter, lost a bet on the 1989 pistons-lakers finals showdown.

13. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

you all are buying into the ESPN/Media hype. it was a freak injury. do you know how hard it is to dislocate someones shoulder? its rare even in MMA fights where a guy is totally chicken winged.

locking hands/arms while boxing out and jostling for a rebound is a standard basketball fare.(NBA/PBA/Barangay Leagues/ect).

Oh and if you want some perspective, this was the screen cap seconds before Love suffered his unfortunate injury.

[​IMG]

looks like Love is using the standard locking arm to restrict shoulder movement on Kelly. Love probably learned it watching rebound masters like charles barkley and others who have used the same tactics that Love has been employing ever since:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. shifty_md

The fact that it is indeed so hard to dislocate someone's shoulder further supports the argument that Olynyk intended to yank and externally rotate Love's arm beyond its normal range of motion. The severity might have been unintentional, but the thing speaks for itself. Freak injuries are the likes of Kobe tearing his Achilles, Rose his ACL, someone rolling his ankle after stepping on one's foot, etc. I don't see why the MMA reference, guys usually tap out before something happens.

And Love is and will never be the same rebounding master that Charles is. One pic isn't conclusive that Love has been doing this stuff for a long time. Charles rebounds by proper boxing out and hand-eye coordination. Love has padded his rebound count throughout his career by laying off on defense to gain superior position. That's why he never was and will be known to be a good defender like Charles was.

15. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

Love's injury will have huge impact not only in the playoffs but in the offseason as well. If Cavs will play well without him, the argument that they don't need him/he is a bad fit will just grow.

With Love out and JR Smith gone for awhile, the table is set-up for Kyrie Irving's coming out party.

16. lawrencebosox45

remember when dwayne wade dislocated rondo's elbow? you rarely see dislocated elbows in regular NBA physical play, but Wade purposely tangled up rondo for him to fall causing the dislocated elbow on a play that wasn't even near the ball nor a basketball play.

that play also altered the playoffs drastically.

what about kobe on this play which basically sealed the Lakers win in one of the most controversially officiated series in NBA history. Sure it can be argued that the elbow was "incidental" but hey its kobe right?

the previously posted comparison of the 2015 celtics to the bad boy pistons is hyperbole. that team basically flagrantly fouled on all semi contested layups.

17. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

18. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

To cite the correct photo...

[​IMG]

19. lawrencebosox45

man Blake Griffen missed a ton of layups, and that crucial FT..... plus clippers bench is so so very very bad. Spurs Bench players can just plug and play even being pretty solid when duncan/parker is resting.

20. shifty_md

Dj, dj, once a bonehead, always a bonehead..