2015 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by macxchange, Jun 16, 2014.

1. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Heck, even the xbox is struggling against the ps4...

2. airmax32

airmax32 Member

As for Steve Ballmer he is the owner of the Clips he can impose any rule that he wants. But brining back Sterling is out of the question. You see racism is a big issue here in the US. A lot of people won't agree to his return. Besides mategal ng barat na team owner yan. Mategal na nyang hinawakan ang Clippers ayaw niyang magbuo ng team na contender for the championship. Lately nya lang ginawa yon. Ang dami kayang mga lottery picks na napunta sa clippers at nagsialisan din silang lahat later on.

3. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Yahoo!

Lakers looking good in the pre-season! I'm EXCITED!!! Too bad I can't see the full games on TV yet.

My favourite quote from Kobe this pre-season,
    Kobe: "DAntoni and I didn't have the same philosophy on winning. For me, it's winning and no inbtwn...it's championship or a waste of time"

#GoLakers!

4. airmax32

airmax32 Member

I never bought into D'Antoni's system. He still still believes that small ball wins championships lol. for me that's BS.

5. ponpon

ponpon Active Member

It did work for the Heat, the only difference is that the Heat played good defense during their back-to-back championship run while the Lakers sucked on this area under D'Antoni. :)

6. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

It's not that small ball don't work. It's just that the lakers can't run or kobe could not keep up anymore [emoji14]

7. beeco

beeco Member

Popcorn time! While the Laker Fans are not available to view your message, you can still delete it. hehehe

8. airmax32

airmax32 Member

He didn't have the players to play small ball the heat is a different team. But look at the teams that won a lot of championships like phil jackson's teams (bulls & lakers). they never played small ball all the time. Mike D'Antoni has not even led any of his teams to the championship. He is history as far as I'm concerned. Good riddance.

9. airmax32

airmax32 Member

That was last year. The Lakers have a young team this year. I don't understand the logic that if you have a young team you couldn't run at all. Kobe, Nash and Boozer are the only senior citizens for this team. Kobe still has game and opposing teams would double him all the time. Kobe just played 4 games due to injury to his knee last year. He has returned and he would be instrumental in leading the Lakers to the playoffs.

10. shifty_md

shifty_md Well-Known Member

Getting into the playoffs is still a question, esp. in a loaded conference like the West.

11. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

And your opinion is based on what?

Last year? How many games did Kobe or the entire Laker team play last year? When he was injured, was he not also able to keep up then? I believe he was still playing the best basketball commensurate to his age and experience.

Not starting a debate and/or argument but, no need to come up with bold statements to put down a team or player. I believe we're better than that. His work ethics and passion for the game alone earn him that much respect.

Anyway, moving forward.. I'm glad Mike D and B are gone. They're just not a match with the current or recent Lakers. Time to play defense and start winning championships again.

#GoLakers!

12. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just caught the round table discussion on NBA TV ( Shaq, c Webb, Kenny smith, etc) as they debated on who should be included on the list of NBA's 50 greatest & the Next 10. ( commemorating 60 years of the NBA's existence). Anyway, after much discussion (including an awkward moment of taking C Webb Off the list after being initially included unanimously.. Ha ha ) here's the list thy came up with:
    1. Tim D
    2. Kobe
    3. Lebron
    4. AI
    5. KG
    6. Dirk
    7. Dominique Wilkins
    8. Bob Mcadoo
    9. KD
    10. DWade

Notables off the list: Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Gary Payton, T Mac, C Webb ...

Do you agree with this? For those of you too young to remember Mcadoo, he's a hall of famer, multiple scoring champ in Buffalo, MVP, later joined the Showtime lakers in the early 80s & won 2 rings with them off the bench.

13. edricdude

edricdude Active Member

C webb and Reggie should've been there. I wanted to slap Reggie after he tried to hug Cwebb to take him off the top 10. But I don't know who I would take off that list but I think it would probably be Wade since he had Bron and Shaq when he won rings

14. shifty_md

shifty_md Well-Known Member

Wade was the Finals MVP in 2006. I don't see why having Shaq in that team is a knock on the feat he accomplished. I don't understand why he should be taken off that list. IMO he's second to Kobe as the best SG's in the past decade.

15. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Steve Nash is a two time MVP. He should be in the top ten.

16. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I'd drop Dominique to put Nash in. There's a reason they left Nique off the original list.
    I'd drop a drink on JKidd like he asked his player to do once.

17. daney_waney

daney_waney Active Member

Shaq was already past his prime when Wade won his first ring. He single-handedly carried Miami to the ring during the playoffs. :) Shaq at that time was already a role player and not anymore the force he was when he was with the Lakers and Orlando.

18. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

me too. was never a fan of Nique's play. Nash should be in, i agree. the panel felt that it was MDA's system that made Nash stand out; which I say is pure BS. If that was a valid argument, one can also say that if not for the triangle offense, MJ, Pippen, Shaq & Kobe would not be hall of famers or a future inductee. In one of his last years in Phoenix & under coach Gentry, he still led the Suns to the western conference finals (3 WCFs overall). & if not for that Horry hip check in the 2007 Western Semis that caused the suspensions of Amare & Diaw, who knows whether Phoenix would have won it all that year?

19. airmax32

airmax32 Member

As long as all of them remain healthy throughout the season they can make a comeback. I hope that they can make trades before the trade deadline occurs so that they would make the team a contender again.

20. airmax32

airmax32 Member

Agree with you man. Is he saying that the Lakers are old because of Kobe? He is sorrounded by young players. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't run. The only thing lacking with these young players is experience. The Lakers as an organization knows how to win. Look at the Bulls. After Jordan and company left the team. The Bulls were never able to contend for a championship again. This is my own opinion the same thing could happen with the Spurs once Ginobili and Duncan retires I don't see them extending their playing career in 2 more years. you see it's tough to win a championship but getting back at a consistent level is one thing. Winning a championship in the 50s, 70s,80s the first decade of the 2000s backed up that claim.