2012 15" MacBook Pro (with Retina Display)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ice, Jun 12, 2012.

1. garrizaldy

garrizaldy Member

Just got my rMPB LCD replaced from defective LG to Samsung thanks to Senco! :)

2. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

what's the exact image issue, what does it look like? Glad you have it replaced. So if you replaced it with a samsung panel, does that mean its not IPS anymore? Because technically only LG uses IPS panels, they're the sole manufacturer for IPS panels, while Samsung and Sony uses PVA panels.

3. linkk

linkk Active Member

so far no issue, no lag, no image stutter :)

4. Nazgul

Nazgul Member

Anyone know where to buy full body protector for Macbook pro 15 retina? eg Wrapsol

5. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

Hi Guys,

I just want to share you this really neat app I found. It will retinize your app, if the app developer hasn't updated for retina use yet. Retinizer

Basically you just drag the application and click retinize. You can also de-retinize the app if you want. I tried this on yazsoft's speed download, works like a charm :).

6. andre314

andre314 Member

Hi Guys,

Just want to know if anybody is experiencing battery issues with their rMBP? I noticed that the battery of my rMBP only lasts for about 2 to 3 hours only while doing internet browsing and email. All software updates are updated to the latest version. What seems to be the problem? Thanks.

7. garrizaldy

garrizaldy Member

screen burn in issue, it looks something like this http://www.macperformanceguide.com/images/mbpRetina2012/screen-burn-in.jpg

I only determined my new screen as samsung from here The Ultimate rMBP Image Retention Test - MacRumors Forums and whether if it still using IPS technology as advertised by apple not really sure maybe this wiki link may shed some light https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel#Super_PLS

8. MaLt-

MaLt- Member

Wala na ba tayong choices of case except for those Speck cases?

9. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

i saw some covers that are not speck in sulit (forgot who the seller was) which cost 1500. ill try to find them again

10. MaLt-

MaLt- Member

I see thanks! May bago yung switcheasy din na case for the rMBPs, sana magbenta sila dito.

11. Nazgul

Nazgul Member

I recommend to install gfxcardstatus. Manual or automatic switching of gpus. Using the discrete nvidia gpu will suck up your battery even just browsing.
    Some browsers will use discrete automatically.

12. joemoso

joemoso Active Member

Hi! I just got my macbook last sunday. It's the 2.3Ghz macbook 256GB with 8Gb of ram. I'm having problems with it. It just loses internet connection after a while, even though I have a connection on my ipad on the same wifi network. Also it suddenly hangs. So I've done 3 force shutdowns. All I was doing was browsing the internet and downloading songs on Itunes.

13. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

Did you notice if your macbook's body was getting hot? the fans may not be working properly.

If it doesn't, better have it checked in Digital Hub or other apple service center, it could be faulty hard drive or RAM.

14. linkk

linkk Active Member

does anyone of you using external monitors for your mac? just recently bought the dell 27" U2713H , the 2560 X 1440 resolution is amazing :)

15. ClutterFree

ClutterFree New Member

interested with this query here. My wife's MBA 13 has been exhibiting this problem lately-- just the loss of internet connection via wifi. It doesn't hang though. The remedy would be to turn off wifi then switch it on back again then internet would go back to normal for a while. I wonder why this happens?

16. ClutterFree

ClutterFree New Member

Sorry double post.

#556 ClutterFree, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  17. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Member

suggestion:

First, check the firmware of your wireless router if it is updated or not.

Then open your mb try it again, if you experience the same problem.

You need to go to an apple service center to check the unit or request to replace the built in wireless adapter in your mb.

18. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

Try this:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/18842935#18842935

Also try calibrating your battery, download coconut battery and tell me what's your current battery capacity. Or maybe a screenshot will be better :)

19. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

Seems like the first batch of LG screen were faulty. There's a compilation here, of Screen / Build week, which are faulty and not.https://discussions.apple.com/message/19278871#19278871

Thanks for the link though, so they made a new panel to combat IPS huh? (sumsung) which they call PLS. Glad their upping their game because clearly PVA is inferior to IPS.

20. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

This has been a common problem with apple portables since Leopard days. Things you can do or try.

1) Change the channel of your Wifi, for example, if its set to auto, pegged it to 10 or 11 for example.
    2) Change your frequency to 2.4ghz to 5ghz, if your wifi router is capable of this.
    3) PRAM and SAC reset
    4) Turn off Bluetooth​

For the hanging problem (@joemoso).
    1) Try to delete your wifi then add it again.
    2) Repair Permissions, Disk Utility > First Aid > Verify Disk Permission, then repair if needed.