16" MacBook Pro too Hot | Overheating! I fixed it!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DenzDaniel, Apr 20, 2020.

1. DenzDaniel

DenzDaniel Active Member

Hi everyone!

I just bought a refurbish 16" MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz /16GB/ AMDRadeon 8GB /1TB and it looks amazing!
    I setup all my apps including (FCPX and Luminar 4). I tested ran GeekBench and and Cinebench and got a score! It was lower than what its suppose to be.
    My MBP 16" wasn't throttling but it's was reaching 100C* while I was doing the test, using TGPRO!
    After all of this... I decided to do a thermal paste reapplication using IC Diamond 24 Carat.

It took me almost 1 1/2 hours to do the disassembling of MBP and thermal paste reapplication. And what I get after???
    My idle is used to be around 48-55C and now 39-43C / Load was from 75-85C Fan running at high! and now 65-75C at 4500RPM.
    I have the video and proof! Let me know guys if you want me to post it here.
    I took a screenshot of my system check it out! Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 8.01.33 PM.png

2. snipes

snipes Active Member

It isnt worth doing. If you want pay someone from an authorized service center to do it on your behalf. If that breaks then say $2400 good bye.

3. DenzDaniel

DenzDaniel Active Member

Hi thanks for your input. No worries I'm an Apple Tech. My MacBook Pro is in good hands ; ) all good here.

4. snipes

snipes Active Member

You should put that in your signature. It gives credence to your comment. :)

DenzDaniel likes this.