¡SPOILERS! Frank Darabont's The Walking Dead TV Series ¡SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by MacNotApple, Oct 24, 2010.

1. isaak

isaak Active Member

2. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yep, at first, Carl doesn't want the others kids to name the walkers. Carol teaches the kids on how to use knives, Carl also doen't like it. I can't blame Carol for doing that, maybe she is just afraid for the kids safety and maybe she is worried that what happened to Sophie might happen again.

Maybe the roof weakened becase of that helicopter that crashed above it, leaving cracks on the roof. Cracks + rain water = holes for zombies. Roof of some buildings is just tar on concrete boards right? or not? hahaha

3. yehey9

looks like the writers know their stuff. hahaha..

the gravel was removed from above because walkers just drag their feet while walking.

#makesSenseNow hahah..

4. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Right now most of the rants on this thread are more entertaining than this season's episodes

#1164 eag, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  5. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

There shouldn't be any roof in the first place, a helicopter weighing 5-7 tons would go right through

6. yehey9

hmmmm.. haha.. youre right.. i have to think on how i can answer that.. hmmm..

maybe it just made an emergency landing? <re-watching that scene again>

ohhh! the copter crashed on something that is concrete on the roof.. looks like it was the housing for the stairs.. but the helicopter crashed on that, and later fell onto the roof, but did not make it all the way through the ceiling. The roof was definitely broken, but the ceiling isn't. It was evident when the African American guy tried to steal some liquor. The wooden shelf was rotted away by water coming from the ceiling coming from the broken roof.

btw, i'm not picking a fight or anything, it's all in good fun! haha..

7. yehey9

so who was feeding the walkers with rats? haha.. i think its lizzy, the messed up girl.. he feeds the walker named Nick.. haha.. someones got a zombie-crush! ahhaha..

8. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting a Warm Bodies theory here? If he was bit, then that's a bad idea. But then , chicks dig scars. If he died of natural causes then he would have a flawless body, which would be more plausible.

9. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

After watching last Sunday's episode (S04E03 Isolation), I came to realise how Daryl Dixon is so handicapped in CQB. His Horton Scout HD 125 crossbow looked out of place when you're being swarmed. He must have a secondary melee weapon. In contrast, Michonne looked so efficient in this particular battle.

BTW, you can buy that crossbow at Walmart for $330.

10. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Chito

I think the same thing every time he "reloads."

I don't know how many times I expected a zombie to come up behind him and bite him in the neck while he has the crossbow between his knees, both hands pulling the string back.

It's good for stealth situations, and when dealing with one or two Zs, but 90% of the time... it's just a wonder he's survived this long with that thing as his primary weapon. When exactly do they deal with only one or two Zs? It's usually a small group of at least 8 to 10 or an entire swarm.

I just imagine him saying to the zombies, "Time out, time out, load lang ako."

Then they patiently stand around waiting for him to reload.

11. yehey9

^^maybe he should modify his crossbow and put a bayonet on it.. haha..

Just some fun facts from episode 3 (from walking dead wikia)

-The Herd featured in this episode is the largest within the entire The Walking Dead media, including over 7,500 walkers.
    In a behind-the-scenes video on the AMC website, the VFX Supervisor mentions that they turned 100 real Zombie Extras into about 10,000.

-Carl is using the backpack that he, Rick and Michonne took from the Unnamed Hitchhiker from Season 3, "Clear".

12. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

@yehey9, yeah, it was timed for Halloween trick or treat. Many volunteers, I'm sure: bring your own makeup and costume!

The best melee weapon would be anything that hacks, slices and dices. A piercing weapon such as a bayonet is good for the final touch, but not for getting out of a 'swarm'. Gimli and Danny Trejo (with his machete) would be right at home in scrapes like these. Frankly, Danny can always stare 'em down.

I'm wishing somebody would bring out a flamethrower already!

13. MX3

MX3 Member

For a zombie melee, I'd get myself either of these (silent, no loading needed and guaranteed to explode Z brains upon impact):

Indian war club

[​IMG]

Or the Gun stock war club
    [​IMG]

14. yehey9

oh right! come to think of it, it would be easier to eradicate those walkers on the prison fence if they just set them on fire. but hmm, maybe the heat would melt the fence if they do that. and setting them on fire would not kill them instantly. it maybe worse, walkers on fire swarming on you. it would be nice to use that on those 10,000 walkers, but then again, it may lead to something worse; forest fires and stuff.

I've seen clubs made out of femur. There won't be a shortage of that bone since there's so many dead walkers everywhere. haha..

15. teamjm

teamjm Well-Known Member

This series is getting boring. I want some action!

16. murmurr

murmurr Member

The episode 4 looks promising

17. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

maybe daryl needs a phone and text UNLI ARROWS and send to 8888. :p

18. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

It's kinda sad Carol had to go :(

And they should've thrown that sh!tty drunkard into the herd of zombies on the ground.

Mark my words, they're gonna get killed coz of him!

19. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Bring in an action star!

But the one I have in mind, his presence alone might make the zombies bite, stab or decapitate themselves.

#ChuckNorris

20. Tecson

Tecson Member

^^. I don't know, but I think chuck Norris might be one of them zombie already ;)