iMessage Verification Problem

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Adarna, Nov 8, 2015.

1. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

same here. can't activate. tried and was charged 98 now due to multiple attempts

2. jayparalejas

will this reset my esim config?

3. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

I have the same problem. My girlfriend got a new iPhone 11 which had problems activating her iMessage with her number from the start. BTW she's using Globe postpaid. I tried inserting my Smart prepaid SIM on her phone and now my number suffers from the same problem even when I plug it back to my phone. Tried all troubleshooting available online to no avail as well.

4. gcp86

gcp86 New Member

I have the same problem. I can't activate my phone number for iMessage and FaceTime. I have this problem for 3 years already. :(
    It was previously working on my previous iPhones. Only my Apple ID (email address) has a check mark beside it. I tried everything already:

1. On/off iMessage and FaceTime
    2. Sign out / Sign in iMessage and FaceTime
    3. Reset Network Settings
    4. Region already set to Philippines
    5. Date / Time already set to automatic
    6. Remove then add phone number on my Apple ID
    7. Add / Remove SIM card
    8. Upgraded iPhone to a newer model
    9. Called Apple Support but they keep on asking me to send Diagnostic Logs (Ticket is open for more than 1 year already)
    10. Called Globe - Confirmed that International SMS outgoing/incoming is activated
    11. No iMessage and FaceTime activation charges on my bill
    12. iOS always updated to the latest version

Anything else I can do? Globe Postpaid user here. Please help!

Thank you. :)

5. gino0112

gino0112 Member

Have you tried requesting for a SIM replacement?

6. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Bro #11 confirms your international SMS is not active. Try calling the hotline again. Ask them to activate your roaming. It might have been disabled and they just overlooked it.

Fervish likes this.
  7. jayparalejas

Updated to iOS 14.2 and imessage activated in 5seconds. :)

8. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here. Upgrading iOS activated my iMessage as well.

jayparalejas likes this.
  9. bimmerboii

bimmerboii New Member

Hi all. Long time lurker here. I have some positive news on activating imessage for all of those who are stuck with "waiting for activation".

Like most who posted here, I couldn't activate imessage with my phone number. imessage with Apple ID works fine but my phone number just wont activate. Im using an iPhone 11 Pro Max (locked to Smart) with my Smart postpaid line. Like most of you here, I have searched google and tried all suggestions from different forums and websites and watched youtube videos.

Most common steps that didn't work for me:
    Waited 24 hrs
    Put my phone in & out of airplane mode
    Rebooted my phone
    Signed out of Apple Id
    Made sure date and time is correct
    Ensure strong WIFI connection
    Reset network settings.

I have done it all and none worked. I even factory reset my phone and imessage still didnt work. I have wasted so much time and energy trying to activate my imessage.

How I got it to work:
    1) Download an app called "Apple Support"
    2) Tap on your "iPhone"
    3) Tap "more"
    4) Scroll down and tap on "Messages"
    5) Scroll down and tap on "Chat"

This opens a chat window with an Apple support representative. Explain to him/her that you are having trouble activating imessage. Dont worry they reply fast.
    The support guy will then ask you some obvious questions. (Just answer properly. Play along).
    He/she will then let you go through troubleshooting steps that you have to follow. (Like me, you probably have done these steps before, but just play along).
    To my surprise, after a couple of steps my imessage got activated instantly!

Good luck. Let me know if this worked for you.

10. gcp86

gcp86 New Member

11. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Good day everyone! Been having trouble with my iMessage activation the past 3-4 days. Im on globe, esim and I only use one line - iPhone 13 pro max. It started out with notifications about carrier services charges when activating iMessage, the usual one we get. I didn't pay attention to it but it kept popping up every few hours. When I checked messages in settings, its stuck activating my globe number. Ive tried the usual solutions, turning it off and on again together with FaceTime, signing in and out of my Apple ID and even resetting my network settings. All other iPhones in my house don't have this problem. I seem to be an isolated case. Anyone else having this issue the past few days? TIA!

12. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

Is it possible to activate iMessage and Facetime on a Globe Pre-paid account?

13. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Yes, pwede. Although nagsabi na si Globe na libre and activation ng iMessage and Facetime, make sure lang na may load Prepaid account mo, around 20-30 PHP.

max_Moon likes this.
  14. paolo90

paolo90 New Member

Same here. I’ve done all troubleshooting steps plus replacing my sim (as Globe initially suggested). Been in contact with Apple and Globe for more than 4 hours combined. No fix yet.

15. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Went to globe and they suggested going back to a physical sim. I agreed but it turned out my line has a problem because they cannot even activate the new sim. They elevated the case to their technical team and I'm still awaiting their feedback.

I also previously talked to apple phone support and though they gave me a case number, they said these cases are usually resolved on the provider side.

16. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

Thanks. Gumana na siya pero ilang beses din ako na re-attempt kasi laging activation failed at pagkatapos ng ilang araw naging successful activation.

17. paolo90

paolo90 New Member

Let me know what happens. They replaced my eSIM with another eSIM (which felt absurd since switching eSIMs won’t change anything in the hardware) but I still went ahead thinking that might trigger some internal processes in their system that might finally allow my iMessage to work after being stuck somewhere. Still not fixed after 24 hours from the replacement, and the people in the store are also complaining. Globe retail support are blaming it on Apple but Apple engineers have told me the problem isn’t on their end. My Smart Prepaid sim quickly activates so I am inclined to think it’s a Globe issue that their own engineers just haven’t acknowledged.

18. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Yeah, I agree. It's definitely on Globe's side. Still no feedback from them though. Are you by any chance on the ios beta program? I use ios beta but I don't think it has anything to do with it since I have several friends on the same phone and the same beta version and no problems with their globe imessage.

I sort of noticed finicky imessage status since they made the activation service free. My imessage used to reactivate a couple of times a week but it always got through activation. It's just now that it's stuck.

19. ChampsÉlysées

I now think problem is with Globe. My iMessage and Facetime got signed out outta nowhere last Thursday. Tried doing all the steps in trying to have it activated again. Called Apple Support this afternoon--their rep tried to guide me through all possible ways of fixing while we we're doing a screen share thing--him seeing everything i'm doing on my phone. He asked me to call Globe and have the issue reported with a ticket number and he'll try and connect me with Apple Engineers after 24 hours if i'm still having issues activating my iMessage and Facetime

20. babygirl44

babygirl44 Member

My iMessage and FaceTime activation is unsuccessful after switching to esim. Been having this issue for a week now. Also got in touch with an Apple Engineer and did screen share while he helped me try to fix the problem. But nothing. After reporting this issue again to Globe, got an sms from Globe today saying "Your service has been activated. Please turn your phone off then on to refresh settings." Did what was asked but it's still not activated. I hope Globe will fix this issue soon.

Do you guys think the activation issue only concerns those using esim?