Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Not everyone is entitled to food assistance, this we know from our friendly neighborhood barangays. Apparently they only give it to the indigent, the disenfranchised, and the unemployed which is of no issue, unless you find out that they accounted for everyone in the neighborhood and allotted each one food assistance package. So what happens with those they didn’t give away? Kind of like Yolanda relief where most of the food packages ended up in the stockrooms and storages of people providing the relief. And that’s where the problem started, where the people went to next and raided, and where law and order broke down because of looting. This shouldn’t be Yolanda Redux all over again.

raypin likes this.
  2. manager

manager Active Member

Some are allergic to the term lockdown equating it with Martial Law ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm..okay. If that is the case, stock up on food good for at least 30 days. I reviewed my stockpile last night. Canned goods and other essentials should last about 60 days without rations (for 6 in the household + my furkid). My problem will be purified water. If eecq, no more deliveries. Back to boiling water. Growing up in the province, we drank from the tap.

4. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Simmer down.

Yes, there are some things the local government could've done better. But face it, no matter what they do or how they did it, it's still going to irk somebody. They're writing and implementing these guidelines practically in real time.

Right now, we just need to cooperate and be extremely patient.

5. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Yesterday, I didn't feel that the extreme enhanced community quarantine here in Brgy.. Kalusugan E. Rodriguez Sr. is what you can call total lock down. Maybe within the vicinity of St. Lukes but not the rest of the barangay. First time to go outside since Monday and I thought I can drop by Mercury Drug to buy essential medical supplies but the road block is from that Jollibee branch to McDonald's/KFC at the corner of Broadway Ave. I just went instead at S&R and bought things that will keep me from going out for at least a month.

hitme64 and jetan like this.
  6. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

get a water purifier that can be installed from tap.

wem272 and hitme64 like this.
  7. omarsytan

omarsytan Active Member

Please forgive me for being OT: been shipping our water purifier thru lalamove during the quarantine, just in case anyone needs send me a pm.

8. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

First time for me to drive around today, since the ECQ started. While I "enjoyed" the wide open spaces, my thought the whole time was, I sincerely wished that the normal heavy traffic would be back - if that would mean that the virus is gone and things are back to "normal."

Oakleyman771 and Godfather like this.
  9. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

hopefully the norm would be a wide open road but businesses are back to normal.....but hey im just dreaming hehe

10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

OT: Is our water really that bad, or are we made to believe it’s so? Before there were water purifiers, we drank straight from tap or the pitcher from the ref. I guessed my mother boiled it first before cooling it down but I would drink straight up there and never had a diarrheal childhood, or believed that I ever had.

Anyway, maybe the Big Water Purifier firms will now black list me.

Back on track: Had a go this morning from Crame to Pasig in 3:25 minutes only, running 70kph along EDSA to Meralco Avenue to Pasig Boulevard. What a bliss driving in open roads, but yes, it’s not suppose to be the norm. Like @SE20 it’s good to get back to where we were before COVID obliterated normal Metro Manila traffic.

SE20 and Godfather like this.
  11. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Went for a grocery run yesterday. Makati to Pasig in 9 minutes, and that's just because I forgot where our supermarket was located. It's been years since I've been there,I had to go because I'm the self-appointed quarantine pass holder.

EDSA felt like the 90 freeway back in LA. :) Not many cars at all, the streets were ruled by Grab, Lalamove and Joyride riders, and boy do they drive their motorcycles like they own the roads. No complaints though, I understand the pressure of so many orders to fulfill in so little time. By the way, I heard that these riders are making bank like crazy, they're really earning like pimps right now.

With so little traffic and no cops except at the checkpoints, I did notice that a lot of cars were disobeying traffic rules, beating red lights, no turns, and I even saw one SUV driving counterflow, granted there were no other cars, but still reckless behavior. If anything, I think we should all follow street signs, rules and regulations now, because nobody wants to go to the already swamped hospitals.

rdy0329, kyubi, catalysmic and 3 others like this.
  12. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

that's the traffic way back in the 90's North EDSA to Ortigas 20 mins at 45kph. water is bad since water company had chlorine on your tap and you don't want to ingest that.

13. SE20

Same experience. I was driving at 80kph on EDSA and it seemed like everyone was overtaking me, especially the delivery motorbikes.

Yeah, all the time I was asking myself, "Why aren't people stopping at red lights?"

Bizarro world

ronjet, raypin, greta87 and 1 other person like this.
  14. raypin

mm...smart traffic lights dapat. Most traffic lights are still on timers, which is dumb because it is not adaptive. Smart traffic lights measures traffic in real time and adjust the timing of the lights as needed to unnecessarily avoid long traffic stops.

Dumb traffic lights encourages moving violations.

Godfather, greta87 and SE20 like this.
  15. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ i've been driving around makati lately. I've noticed that the Grab/ Lala riders are hardly observing traffic lights now.

ericb, raypin and Godfather like this.
  16. raypin

Mm....the authorities should just turn those signal lights to flashing red.....motorist should make a full stop and allow right of way traffic to flow first (counterclockwise order). Safer and facilitates traffic flow.

greta87 likes this.
  17. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmmm question is, do most motorists know the right of way? Most only know my way hehe.

18. raypin

mm....yun nga lang but the flashing red, everyone knows, more or less. I hope. I asked my nephew ( 1.5 years driving experience) what a flashing red is. His answer? Sira yung ilaw. :cry:

19. SE20

Haha, Pinoys have a hard time deciding what to do when faced with a red light (or a traffic light of any color, for that matter), let alone a flashing one!

greta87 likes this.
  20. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

It's been like that for a long while!

greta87 likes this.