The Hong Kong thread

Discussion in 'Travel' started by morphine, Feb 6, 2007.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks, guys.

Only reason why Im choosing Hongkong airlines is because it has a 17 hour layover in Hongkong before we head to Tokyo.

We arrive in Hongkong at 9AM, head straight to Disneyland HK, then when the park closes, head to the airport for our flight to Tokyo, where 2 days later, we head to Disney Sea. Yes, naghahanap kami ng sakit ng katawan :ROFLMAO:

wem272, Ejaxene, Ghibli and 6 others like this.
  2. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

raypin likes this.
  3. antski

antski Well-Known Member

HKIA was almost empty last night around 7pm. Sad to see this happen. Even hotel lobbies are almost empty.

hitme64 likes this.
  4. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Seems normal now and not a lot of tourists. Yes, even hotel lobbies are empty.

Like @docjbr , naghanap din kami ng sakit ng katawan. Lol Hotel hopping naman.

docjbr and hitme64 like this.
  5. ronjet

Marco Polo Gateway
    EED7583F-610E-4FFC-91C7-EF50070AD015.jpeg

Marriott Ocean Park
    D563EB0E-A2B5-4834-9BDB-4B8C00159184.jpeg DBADDE86-2BC9-43A6-A60F-499D3BE8E445.jpeg

docjbr, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...a less crowded HK works in our favor. Less Divisoria type crowd means a more relaxed HK adventure or shopping or dining. That's how I like it.

7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

True. My travel agent BFF :LOL: just messaged me Hotel Jen is almost empty. By her account, she is almost the only occupant of her hotel floor. Fortunately, hotel staff have been pampering her with goodies and treats upon her arrival, like they were just glad they had a guest even if she were the only one. Kinda like The Omega Man living alone in a hotel.

8. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Good to hear as I am heading there soon.

ronjet likes this.
  9. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

arrived in hk last wednesday, airport is definitely not crowded specially the immigration. went straight to ngong ping, and i was stunned that there were no people at the counters. you can just go straight to the cable car.

went to disney yesterday, all the attractions were just about 5mins waiting time. the only long line we endured was the picture taking with mickey, first time in disney to have a relaxing experience.

hk still feels very safe even with what is happening. plus the weather is cold which is quite nice. we will be going to peak tram this afternoon hopefully no lines. last year we waited for almost an hour even with the klook fast pass.

ronjet and raypin like this.
  10. ronjet

Same here, upon check in at Marco Polo, they upgraded ours to Club room for free! Marriott Ocean Park is very nice! Room, View, Facilities, hotel ambiance and the food! Lounge got a Free flowing wines, beers and cocktails! A plus sa manginginom. :) Sorry can’t say more if these were normal/included when you book with them or just now. Sulit for almost 8k/night! I can’t stay with these hotels (more like I don’t want to pay! LoL) for 40k a night- if these were true during a normal visit to HK. That’s why i grabbed it now. 8k a night only on both hotels!

hitme64 and raypin like this.
  11. raypin

Mmm....again in our favor yan. Deep discounts for hotel rooms, from 5 star to no star. They are feeling the pinch....key is to book just days away before a trip to maximize savings.

ronjet likes this.
  12. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

In just one hour, from 7pm to 8pm tonight, Marco Polo Gateway for 4 nights climbed from ₽33k to ₽43k.

Hurry! :D

ronjet likes this.
  13. raypin

Mm...Shangrila Kowloon was 8.5k per night a couple of hours ago. This time last year I remember it was around 14k for standard room.

SE20 and ronjet like this.
  14. raypin

mmm..where d u check? Was that for a suite? Agoda from dec 9 to 13 shows 24k for 4 nites all-in, 27 sqm twin. Cheapest I ve seen from Marco/Gateway since.....the time of the dinosaurs.

ronjet and SE20 like this.
  15. SE20

^ Booking.com for Dec 25-28

raypin likes this.
  16. raypin

Mm...medyo mataas rate sa booking.com. I checked. Agoda is better. It is under 29k php prepaid upon booking for dec 25 to 29, 4 nites all in, standard room, gateway marco polo.

Hotels.com is also higher than Agoda but they have 10 hotel room nights collected and you get 1 free.

Only problem that I have with marco polo and nearby is the very long walk to get to TST mtr platforms. I hate that. Which is why I never stay anywhere near Ocean Terminal/Gateway area.

#3456 raypin, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  17. SE20

My wife and I like to walk along the harbor at the back of Gateway every morning when we're there. I also like it that it's near the Apple Store, and several favorite spots in the mall. And we actually don't mind the walk to the MTR from Gateway. We even duck into Kowloon Park sometimes, which is along the way.

You got me interested in Kowloon Shangri-La. I also like that part of town, TST East. Would that hotel be nearer to the MTR?

ronjet likes this.
  18. raypin

Mm..from Shang Kowloon, maglalakad pa rin ng medyo malayo. Lol! I d recommend Hyatt Regency TST instead. 5 star, hotel is within K11 Mall and offers easier access to TST and East TST MTR (to Hung Hom ).

19. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

so cheap also booked at agoda my suking hostel cost me 4k only. hahaha.

ronjet and raypin like this.
  20. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Hotel Jen stay for 3D-2N costs a little under 11k which is terribly cheaper from its standard 22K for the said time frame. My BFF liked it so much she extended her stay until Monday afternoon, another surprise treat after being allowed a very late checkout of 5PM, since her flight back is around 830PM. Me airport shuttle pa at web checkin by hotel staff.

Mykolant, raypin and ronjet like this.