Singles Day Deals

Discussion in 'General OT' started by oldtimer, Nov 11, 2018.

1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

The AirPods are a staple of 11.11 and Black Friday sales. Even the iPad (latest gen) being slashed to $249.

I’ll just wait for black friday partly because I know my way around amazon + shipping cart and partly because I keep seeing scam products being sold at Lazada and notoriously, shoppee. I’m happy we’re getting into online shopping phenomenon though.

More efficient to drive one truck delivering 100 goods than to drive 100 cars to the mall, pay parking and toll (if applicable). Die malls, die.

hitme64 and Roman like this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

No singles here, just doubles ;)

Looks like bestsellers are the AirPods, iPads and a host of gadgets below the Apple spectrum. And lots of Chinese knock-offs and homages.

Still surfing and looking. Like a single should...

3. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Today marks (probably) the last day that I will have to endure hearing this from Manny before every Youtube video I watch.

So (hopefully) for the frickin last time:

Shopee free shipping! Shopee big Christmas SIL! Shopee ILIBIN ILIBIN big Christmas SIL! Shop NA! Put@ng!na suntukin kita pag umurder ka sa Lazada.

#23 Godfather, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    wulf, Qin Zhi, SE20 and 7 others like this.
  4. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

hitme64 likes this.
  5. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

6. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

This is one reason why I went with Youtube Premium. :)

7. hitme64

Not interested in anything at Ilibin! Ilibin! this year. They should include plane tickets or hotel promos next time. Baka mas tatangkilikin ung Shingels Day. (y)

wulf, Godfather and bacchus_3 like this.
  8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..good 11/11 discount for Klook vouchers for disney, universal etc. (buy 2 take 1).

Brooklinen at 15% off.

Fancy a ciem? Music Sanctuary of Singapore has an ongoing sale. They have a local partner:

https://music-sanctuary.com/collections/qdc-ciem

get the anole VX ciem

buying some nuts and trail mix from lazada.

#28 raypin, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    hitme64 likes this.
  9. makinao

makinao Active Member

I'd been price watching a pair of microphones and some accessories in Lazada this past year, so was sure to save a few thousand pesos. I just pulled the trigger a while ago.

I was almost seduced by cheap but brandname power tools and headphones, but I figured I'd hardly use the formers and have too many of the latters. So no go.

hitme64 likes this.
  10. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

The only decent deal I got on Lazada was the iPhone 11 Pro leather case at ~2,000 instead of the usual price of 3,490. (That discounted price was from 0000 to 0200 only though) I took the bait since it's supposedly from Apple's flagship store. Everything else seemed dodgy. RAVPower participated too, but the sale price is more or less the "normal" price on RAVPower's U.S. website. Still, not a bad deal if you have no other easily accessible outlets to buy their products from.

I'm happier with the $199 HomePod I purchased yesterday from Best Buy. :ROFLMAO:

hitme64 and raypin like this.
  11. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Ordered 9 Miband 4 units as additional gifts for my family and myself this christmas. I got it for 999 pesos each, and only around 500 units were sold from the vendor (bought it around 12:05am, it was sold out by 12:20am). A good alternate for my Apple Watch when I go to Divi and other shady places. :ROFLMAO:

wulf and hitme64 like this.
  12. hitme64

Pulled out from buying linen and duvet covers for our condo. One set is being sold for Php2,500 from a “regular” price of Php10,200 but I looked elsewhere to see if I was being hoodwinked. Turns out the Made in China linen covers retail for Php2750 on a regular day. It would save me 250 pesoses but the guile of selling it as a premium brand when it wasn’t turned me off.

No deal is good if up to no good.

SE20, raze19, shootertwist and 2 others like this.
  13. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

What's worse, these shops are urging you too "add to cart now" days before the big sale day, so if you are not careful or remember the exact price, you'll never know you got "scammed" hehe...

hitme64 likes this.
  14. hitme64

Needless to say, my wife bought a cricut maker at a price she said was lower than its original price. It had an Etsy certification so she took it. At least she’s the only one in the family that pushed a sale. All of us ended up richer for a day but lonely.

Edelheid likes this.
  15. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

was hoping to get a portable dish washer...

hopefully it goes on sale again around end of the year (or CNY) when I have time to re-arrange our kitchen counter.

hitme64 likes this.
  16. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Ahh, the feeling of blissful ignorance, waking up on 11.12, not knowing what you might have scored/ wasted money on during 11.11

ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  17. hitme64

Sometimes you have to let go and let others do the job. There were some good deals, and there were some great ones. But when you look around your house and see the reality that buying new things wouldn’t change it a bit, then it was better off letting it go. No fuss, no anxiety, and definitely, still with money in the pockets.

ronjet likes this.
  18. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

Good thing I was so busy I wasn't aware 11.11 was upon us. I only found out coz Missus and daughter kept on asking for my wallet to get my credit cards!

ronjet likes this.
  19. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Last month, Lazada had a 10.10 sale, now this 11.11 sale. What's next, a 12.12 Christmas sale for the 12 days of Christmas?

Is this going to be a monthly thing, retailers keep coming up with more reasons for us to part with our money, in the guise of a sale.:p

ronjet likes this.
  20. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

It has always been a monthly thing (except singles day event which is annually). Yes, there will be 12.12 this year and forever. lol