Tv Tuner Help

Discussion in 'General OT' started by Yamiraan, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Yamiraan

Yamiraan New Member

Hi im looking for a internal Tv Tuner Card for my computer, i bought TBS 6814 but does not work, anybody suggest me any good card please,

2. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Windows 10?

3. Yamiraan

Yamiraan New Member

Yes plz

4. Yamiraan

Yamiraan New Member

no one have any idea?

5. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Lazada has them. Did you try there?

6. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

Your location is Manchester? does it really have to be an internal pci tv tuner?
    if not, Elgato has a tv tuner. you may want to try that if they still offer that, Elgato a pretty reliable brand.

also, try looking at Amazon reviews when you search for "PCI tv tuner"
    HAUPPAUGE brand seems to be a popular choice.

if you want a more professional option, try Blackmagic Design Intensity, you may use that as a capture card, but i think they dont offer one that has a built in tv tuner.

7. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

Yup elgato is the go to brand.

I'd suggest to just look for a cheap tv. Easier on the eyes...

8. Yamiraan

Yamiraan New Member

Thanks for you reply, first i want to make clear that im looking for a tv tuner to use in Philippines, my family live in Dagupan City, Pangasinan, i tried TBS 6814 but it wont get any signals from antenna, so i prefer to ask any who is using tv tuner to get watch Gma o Abs on computer, recently i searched on Lazada and find a Geniatech X8227 but before i want to make sure that it will work with antenna o no, appreciating helps from all thanks again

9. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

hmmm.. are you using an outdoor antenna? You may want to troubleshoot your TBS 6814 first because that is not cheap! :))
    Apologies as there seems to be no one in this group that is using a tv tuner to watch dtv on a computer.

You may want to use a directional outdoor antenna and point it towards the direction of Baguio. If that does not work, try pointing it to the south to the general direction of NCR. Also, I just learned that in Dagupan, you have a Digital TV Station, you may want to point your antenna to that direction. (if that dagupan station really exist)
    Also, does does TV Plus work in your area? Do you know someone who has one? Borrow it and see if you get a dtv reception in your place. if it does not, geniatech would not also work if dtv signal is poor in your area.

10. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

That card should work with local ISDB-T channels. Make sure you’ve attached an antenna through the RF-IN connector. I don’t know whether you have an active/amplified or passive antenna and if the TV card supports the former. But if the answer to both is yes, be sure to turn on in-line or antenna power from the TV card settings or power the antenna using external power (whichever is supported). Being in Pangasinan, you may need to have the antenna placed outside as high as practically possible. Although, the ABS-CBN TV Box website lists that Pangasinan should have coverage, I don’t know for certain if that is accurate.