Netflix Philippines

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by Adarna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

2. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Just finished what would probably be the final season of The Punisher. 8/10. Liked it. Even gorier than the first season.

Sunil_K, shaft, SE20 and 1 other person like this.
  3. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Can't wait to start S2! The missus haven't watched the first season yet, that's why we're (I'm) doing a re-run!

leninmac likes this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

If you want a John Wick clone but with some of the meaty substance reduced to a thin plot with a dose of dumb and ridiculous sweeteners, then Polar is what you need to watch. Mads Mikkelsen stars as the Black Kaiser, an assassin nearing retirement but beset by midlife crisis and Vanessa Hudgens is his neighbor with a troubling past. Out to get him is a bunch of young ambitious assassins led by a greedy boss. What happens next...wait, just watch it ok?

Dekra, Sunil_K, shaft and 2 others like this.
  5. rvaph

rvaph Active Member

I am watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and the Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes.

Theus likes this.
  6. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Vanessa Hudgens was almost unrecognizable in this one, had to google the cast of Polar to make sure it was her. She looks much different from her High School Musical days. Yup, shallow shootem up movie, but not a bad twist in the end though.

Dekra likes this.
  7. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Binge watched Kingdom. Korean period piece with zombies. Royal intrigue mixed with the undead.

[​IMG]

Season finale was a cliffhanger, ensuring watchers for Season 2.

Then I found out there's another, separate, unrelated Korean movie, which is a Korean period piece with zombies called Rampant (not on Netflix) :

[​IMG]

Similar premises! Gonna have to find it and watch that one too.

#1527 Godfather, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    rvaph, ronjet and shaft like this.
  8. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

The Kingdom was intense!

ronjet likes this.
  9. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

Fyre: The Greatest Festival that Never Happened, I recommend this docu to everyone who has an hour and a half to spare.

Godfather, hitme64, rdy0329 and 3 others like this.
  10. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

8/10. Very intriguing / One of the best docus I've seen in a while. That 6 years imprisonment a punishment is too light. They should have given him 30 years considering how many people he defrauded.

Godfather likes this.
  11. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

I watched Polar over the weekend, gory!!! :D

Dekra, hitme64 and suavecito like this.
  12. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

There's also another docu on Hulu that's about the Fyre Festival and this one has statements from scammer Billy McFarlane.

After watching both documentaries, I've come to believe na manggagancho si Ja Rule. Haha!

Godfather, rdy0329 and shifty_md like this.
  13. jflorendo

jflorendo Member

Finished watching Midnight Diner Tokyo Stories. I hope Netflix also shows the 3 previous seasons and the 2 movies.

14. rvaph

rvaph Active Member

Yah. I'm surprised that Ja Rule got off so easily. Maybe the prosecutors didn't show the video clips shown on the documentary. But the most troubling part was the statement of Andy King that he was requested to do some NSFW thing on the customs official and he was willing to do it, even prepared to do it. just to "save the festival."

Godfather likes this.
  15. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

I guess when push comes to shove, someone really has to take one for the team. Call it peer pressure but you gotta admire Andy, that guy is a trooper... pretty much everyone in the team was. It makes one realize that even in this new age when pretty much all the tricks in the book have been exposed and shared right front and center, all it takes is a sweet tongue, a flash of charisma and a good stroke to one's ego to render a person's guard down, hypnotized by delusions of grandeur, if only for a few days before everyone wakes up, back to reality, grinding it out once more, albeit a few thousands poorer than the few who stay woke despite the temptations laid bare.

Sir iAco, Godfather and rvaph like this.
  16. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Oh i didnt know there are 2 movies? Ive only seen one.

17. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

I know Goyo: Ang Batang Heneral is supposed to be a must-watch... but just halfway through, I can't help but feel like meh... I'll finish it though, even though it feels like a drag. Maybe it really was a long drag back then and they're just showing us how it is. Heneral Luna was far superior.

18. patreng

patreng Active Member

same thoughts.

19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Well, Goyo wasn't that colorful a general as Luna was...he was young and was considered more gentlemanly among his peers...Luna was irascible, irritable, foul-mouthed, belligerent, aggressive, antagonistic, narcissistic, and carried the traits of nearly 90% of Filipino males to this age...presumably Goyo centered more on the young general's decision-making process and cognitive reasoning that led to the massacre of his men at Tirad Pass...given his inexperience in military tactics, he was seen by many military historians as inadequately equipped to understand the mechanics of trench fighting and envelopments of fire, two factors that ultimately led to his and his troops' demise.

Sir iAco, greta87, JohannChua and 2 others like this.
  20. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Andy King is such a team player. https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1090369108045004800?s=20

Thanks to the Netflix Fyre documentary, he became a trending topic on social media. What does he do with his 15 minutes of fame? He uses it to help pay back the laborers back in the Bahamas.

Andy Kings blows all social influencers with his team spirit.