iPhone XS and XS Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by mosaka, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Every order of dbrand includes 2 skins, one that covers just the back and another that covers the back and the sides. Warning though, the one that includes the sides is a challenge to install.

2. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

And to Add with DBrand they have an awesome warranty. Base on experience. ordered Full Decal for Nintendo switch it was 50% Off. after installing unfortunately i failed on Front Part. requested a repalcement they sent Front and back replacement :). Turn around time was rought 22-23 days from order (Free Shipping) 20$ up order.

3. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Previously, I failed installing a Dbrand skin on my laptop (the back part) as it my was fault for being clumsy so I just re-ordered again. Never occurred to me that I can request a replacement for free, thanks haha.

4. macfuzion

macfuzion Member

Thanks for the answers sirs. After the reboot I did yesterday, it didn't reoccur yet, wired or on speakers. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Curious thing though, my friend's XS didn't exhibit the issue, he's on iOS 12.0 and I'm on 12.1, so I reckon if it's an iOS issue?

eli71724 likes this.
  5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....can’t be determined yet. Observe and if recurs, go to the nearest authorized service center and if they refuse to repair or replace, escalate your issue with Apple Singapore (regional).

6. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Really satisfied with the Baseus tempered glass (full coverage) and Baseus case. Kudos to Baseus UP Town for an excellent install

raypin and iamtonypet like this.
  7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

what are the other casing that we have in the market that is reasonably priced? im looking for one. just goy my MAX :)

8. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

My xs max also exhibited this yesterday. Did a reboot and the problem went away. App used was spotify.

9. raypin

Mm..maybe similar issue as this (mono problem). Could be Spotify issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8551427

eli71724 and hitme64 like this.
  10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^I have yet to encounter this issue with my two XS Max's: one from the US and one from Globe...

If it returns even after a reboot (a temporary fix, actually), then it's more of a phone problem already...

raypin likes this.
  11. vrl29

vrl29 Member

there is an additional tip to enable/disable iOS dark mode quickly instead of manually accessing the settings menu via accessibility shortcut:

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/unlock-apples-dark-mode-ios-12-for-iphone-0177931/

12. Ghibli

Guys, do you leave the LTE on? Or you turn it off from time to time? In my case, it’s always on for imessage. Do you think battery life would greatly increase if I would selectively turn on LTE? Or would it be negligble that I just leave it on anyways?

13. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

My is always on.

14. Ghibli

My 100% from 6:00am would be aroud 15% at 4:00pm. I feel like if I would selectively turn on my LTE, it would extend my battery’s life haha.

15. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

LTE consumes more battery power than a thirsty Energizer Bunny...but no need to turn it off if your WiFi connection kicks in...I find that if both WF and LTE are on, battery life on the Max is still roughly 1 3/4 days long...

16. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Hi! I bought a XS in Switch earlier today. I have a backup of my current phone in iTunes, but it is in iOS 12.1.1. Can I use that backup to restore my XS, which is in stock iOS 12?

17. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

The back up should be same version with the installed OS (or earlier) in the iPhone. Otherwise, it won’t restore or an error might occur during restore.

18. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

The iPhone should be on the same iOS version as the back up. It won’t restore and you’ll get an error message that the iPhone needs to be updated before you can restore.

On the flip side, if your iPhone is on the latest software and your back up was made on earlier iOS version, it will restore but some settings might not be restored

19. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

underwater test passed

[​IMG]

#919 jetan, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    raypin likes this.
  20. raypin

Mm....requires Adobe Flash 9. Not iOS friendly. Suggest you upload to youtube.