¡SPOILERS! Game of Thrones ¡SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by Netskipper, May 28, 2011.

1. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

HBO just released a video of how they shot the battle scenes with Euron's ship "The Silence":

Note also how the last scene Theon saw before jumping into the water was of Euron's crew cutting off the tongue of one of Yara's fallen comrades, which gives "The Silence" it's fitting name (all of Euron's crew have their tongues cut off when they join).

#1701 fcdiesta, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    raypin likes this.
  2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....ep. 3. Wow.....stunning victories.

Mykolant, Sunil_K and gaol like this.
  3. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

lupet! as they say, "walang tapon!" (y)

dialogue between jon snow & deanerys was riveting. as always, cersei didn't disappoint :sneaky:

Mykolant, Sunil_K and greta87 like this.
  4. raypin

Mm...the dialogue between Jaime and Lady Olenna was the highlight for me. Ha ha.....she went out with a bang. Stick it.

Mykolant and greta87 like this.
  5. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Fire and Ice meeting was the highlight for me. Although we have seen both Daenerys and Jon since S01E01 it is actually the first time that they are meeting each other. They do not know what each of them has gone through to be where they are at right now and both of them have gone through a lot. You can feel a sense of distrust but there is a "small" willingness to trust...."small" being an operative word because a dwarf is mediating between them.

Ugh that last scene. Lady Olenna will always have the last laugh.

Sunil_K, greta87 and tasa like this.
  6. tasa

tasa Member

Loved the Lady Olenna scene. Props to whoever strategized for team Cersei. My heart breaks for Greyworm and the Unsullied huhu

7. mree

mree Well-Known Member

The best part of episode 3 for me was seeing how Cersei’s slowly becoming mad (maybe not as mad as the Mad King just yet); Seeing Euron’s gifts, the sand snakes, you’ll see how this excites her sexually-knowing that she’s finally got them and starts to imagine how she’s going to kill them.

Now let’s talk about Euron. What a savage when he talked to Jamie about Cersei. That was funny. But when he and his fleet just showed up in Casterly Rock, it makes you realize that this is what happens when a show gets rushed.

I know a lot are fans of the Ice and Fire meeting, but to me, it was underwhelming at best.

Sunil_K likes this.
  8. zdn1042

zdn1042 Member

Jon > Tyrion at brooding =P

Theus likes this.
  9. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Lady Olenna and Jamie dialogue ranks up there with Oberyn and Tyrion dialogue (when Oberyn volunteered to be Tyrion's champion)

10. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

What an episode! This should have been titled, The Queen's Vengeance!

The exchange between Jon and Daenerys was riveting but Lady Olenna, . . . oh wow!

11. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

I loved how Jaime seemed to realize his mistake in showing Lady Olenna some mercy. I actually thought he would use Widow's Wail on the widow...

12. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Jaime Lannister proves to be cunning with strategy as with the sword.

13. linkk

linkk Active Member

My favorite scene:

-Messandei :"Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons "

-Ser Davos:"This is Jon Snow.... " [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. raypin

Mm...Danny had leverage (dragon glass) to force Jon to "bend a knee." She did not use it. Also, she already knows that her dragons are not invulnerable (arena scene where a spear penetrated the tough hide re: uprising of the Sons of the Harpy). Question is why is she not doing anything about it? Sobrang bilib sa sarili. Too much self-belief blinds her.....hubris kills.

Mykolant, greta87 and gaol like this.
  15. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

... which makes me think one, or more, of her dragons is set to be killed in action in the next episode or two.

The scene where Dany wanted to fly off with her dragons in search of Euron but was eventually dissuaded seems, to me, a foreshadowing too of a dragon's demise very soon...

greta87 and raypin like this.
  16. raypin

Mm..will Danny set off to rescue the trapped Unsullied army? Or will she mount a counterattack against the Lannister army in HighGarden? I think the latter.

Jon and Danny will be forced into an alliance. Problem is deciding which comes first: the war in the North or the war in the South? They need each other more than ever.

Lord Varys styles himself as a spy master and yet he failed to detect the Lannister attack on HighGarden.

Sunil_K likes this.
  17. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

or it could be that he's playing both sides again.

as for Danny's self belief or too much of it, this is probably why Melissandrei mentioned to Danny her prophecy that it would be a 'prince" that will win out in the end. & not anyone female..

I'm also interested to find out what Bran will reveal about Jon Snow & how this will be revealed.

raypin likes this.
  18. tasa

tasa Member

Too bad he's on the wrong side. I badly want him to be the valonqar that kills Cersei.

raypin likes this.
  19. tasa

tasa Member

I hope not. I always thought the three dragons were for the last 3 Targaryens: her, Jon, and Tryion.

20. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

A Kingslayer can easily become QueenSlayer especially if she becomes to be wed to Euron