Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mac Mini finally available locally.

This is a discussion on Mac Mini finally available locally. within the Rumors Archives forums, part of the Mac Rumors category; Just came back from Apple Center and tried out the Mac Mini they had on display. It's a pretty nifty ...

Default Mac Mini finally available locally.

Just came back from Apple Center and tried out the Mac Mini they had on display.

It's a pretty nifty machine. With the stock 256Mb it's quite usuable as a standard internet workstation (e-mail, safari and some light office work) as well as the occational game.

My observations;

- Price. Way too high to induce switchers. I stand by my position in previous threads, dapat walang 3 year APP. It should be priced like an appliance. If the price is gonna stay as it is, it should at least include an Apple keyboard and Mouse or 512Mb RAM.

- Video was fuzzy even with a samsung LCD it was dim even at full brightness. The difference is kinda like what separates a ibook display from a PB.

- If you like things tidy, the mini ain't it. There's a mass of cords and stuff. Best to have a hole in your desk to route all the mess properly underneath. This is gonna be exhasperated by the fact that almost all Apple cables are white (aka prone to dirt).

- What I'm afraid of is people flocking to buy the Mini and not realize that if they're O.C. and want all Apple Stuff that it would probably be a better idea to get either an iBook or a 17" iMac G5.

Cheers.

[Edited on 2-24-2005 by Dave_D]

Liked
    949 times
    Real Name
    Butch Dalisay

haven't seen it yet, but that was what i was afraid of--after the novelty and the cuteness wears off, i'll still be stuck with a machine without a screen and a keyboard that costs as much as an emac with everything thrown in. now, if they drop the price a bit (and if i get it in the US this april, so no forced APP), i might think twice

I saw it this afternoon and was suprised at the size of the power brick! I didn't have a chance to compare it to other power bricks, but it seemed as big as two PB power bricks placed end to end but only about two thirds as narrow...

dopamineu140

How much is it in pesos?

Liked
    1 times

How much cheaper does it become without APP?

Oh are they accepting orders for BTO units to add bt and apx?

[Edited on 2-24-2005 by mistermoya]

I actually bought a Mac Mini. I have no problems with it so far. Yes, it is cute. And yes, the cuteness has sort of worn off by now. But do I still use it? Yes.

It can run headless, meaning it doesn't need a display to boot up. And as such, I use it as a tiny server in my room. I'm setting up the web server, mysql and PHP on the machine to become a test bed for my programming projects. Of course, not everyone has the same uses for it that I do.

H

Liked
    1 times

I've actually been dreaming up some ideas of what you can do with a Mac Mini within the confines of a car. Whether it willbe possible or not remains to be seen though. I can also use it as a home DVD player. In both cases, APP would make sense. I'd actually buy one because there are countless possibilities with it outside that of being just a desktop computer...well aside from the fact it's an Apple product and I'd buy one jsut to support the company. :beer:

[Edited on 2-24-2005 by mistermoya]

Originally posted by dopamineu140
    How much is it in pesos?
    AFAIK, it's almost 40k for the 1.25Ghz model and slightly over 40k for the 1.42Ghz model.

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    Rom Asuncion

Ynzal provided the following prices for the Mac Mini:

Mac mini G4/1.25GHz 256/40G/Combo.....P37,995
    Mac mini G4/1.42GHz 256/80G/Combo.....P42,995
    (VAT inclusive and comes with 3-yrs warranty!)

Liked
    892 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

Yes, it is locally available! Problema lang, wala akong keyboard, mouse and monitor to hook it up with!

[Edited on 2-25-2005 by elbertc]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast