Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Toyota Grandia Hiace vs Hyundai Starex- which one?

This is a discussion on Toyota Grandia Hiace vs Hyundai Starex- which one? within the OT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; We're thinking of replacing the family van. With 3 kids, 2 nannies, parents, sometimes a grandparent, a driver and lots ...

Question Toyota Grandia Hiace vs Hyundai Starex- which one?

We're thinking of replacing the family van. With 3 kids, 2 nannies, parents, sometimes a grandparent, a driver and lots of kiddie things--- our 5 year-old Kia Carnival sometimes feels like a can of tuna:slanted: .

Anybody own any of the two vans mentioned in the title (STAREX or HIACE)?

We're choosing between the two vans and would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Little Al; 03-08-2007 at 11:20 AM.
    17-inch Macbook Pro(2.8GHz, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb 7200 rpm HDD, Antiglare Screen||12-inch Powerbook (1.33Ghz, 786mb RAM, 150Gb HDD) || Black 80Gb iPod Video || Klipsche iGroove || Black x-mini MAX || Canon 350D (Canon 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Sigma 10-20mm f/4 wide lens, Canon 28-135 f/3.5 IS zoom lens, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 EFS kit lens) || Canon G7 (Canon lens adaptor x 2, Canon Wide Lens, Canon Zoom Lens) || Sony Cybershot DSC W-300 || Palm Treo 650 || iPhone 8Gb

Default Re: Toyota Grandia Hiace vs Hyundai Starex- which one?

i'd go for the starex, the korean brand has improved a lot i think. starex, i think is a good van with it's 2500cc/5-cylinder CRDi VS the hiace's 2500cc/4-cylinder DOHC... i'd go for the more powerful starex... plus the starex is more comfortable to drive and ride in.

hndi ko lng alam sa price hehehe!
    good luck man!

it may eventually boil down to a question of: "Toyota or Hyundai?"

and you know the obvious choice of course. besides, the Grandia definitely looks better for me.

toyota grandia for me
    13" Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz | Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz | rexromandotorg | flickr pro user | twitter | facebook | lens.ph

Liked
    127 times

grandia here as well

Liked
    2 times

Another vote for the Grandia.

My opinion of the Starex is still influenced by the memory of a busted water pump that my friends & I suffered while on a long road trip in their Starex.
    Last edited by Arel; 03-07-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Liked
    57 times
    Real Name
    Floyd Piedad

Value for money, Starex hands down... you are talking about an automatic transmission, high-powered airconditioner, comfortable reclining seats, for less than P400k (that's enough to buy you 3 to 4 core2duo macbook pros!).
    I have had 2 starexes...the first one I sold after 10 years, the one I have now is 7 yrs old and still going strong. Parts are super cheap...and I actually have less than one problem a year on average.
    The Hyundai brand has now overtaken a lot of other brands in terms of reliability...see JD Powers surveys in the US.

I vote for Starex.

piedad is right, it's really value for your money. i know a surplus shop at mindanao ave. where you can purchase just about anything for your starex (suspension f/r, power steering assembly, anything bro!). reliability and quality is not its major strength but it really depends on how you maintain and drive it.

BTW I love the engine performance. I can go upt0 140kph@3500rpm (non crdi) with a full load (six adults, seven kids plus luggage for all). I didnt get this kind of performance driving the first and second generation pajero's (road hog).
    "for we walk by faith not by sight"

Liked
    913 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

The thing is, the Hi-Ace is in short supply. There's a very long waiting list (not as long as the Camry's though).
     Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air 1.3GHz 256GB • Late 2012 21.5-inch iMac 2.7GHz • Late 2010 11" MacBook Air 1.4GHz 64GB • Mid 2010 Mac mini 8GB RAM • 32GB iPhone 5S • 16GB Blue iPhone 5C • 64GB iPad Air • 2013 AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express • 3rd Gen AppleTV

www.steakroom.com

Japan vs Korea.... I'd go for Japan.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast