Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

tips on getting a US visa

This is a discussion on tips on getting a US visa within the OT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; guys tips naman on how to get a US visa, un para hindi ako ma denied i plan on going ...

Liked
    21 times

Default tips on getting a US visa

guys tips naman on how to get a US visa, un para hindi ako ma denied

i plan on going there to visit my gf, for 3 weeks lang naman. im 25 years old and working in our family business.

ano mas maganda gawin..

TIA!!!

Default Re: tips on getting a US visa

Be honest (do not lie), be courteous, and be prepared with all the authentic and certified doc's to back up your "ties".

Remember:
    The primary goal for the interview is to verify all information presented in the application and to make sure that, you (applicant) has enough ties back in your home country and will come back after your visit to the United States. Documents and interview/questions are a few ways through which the consulate officer tries to determine the eligibility for the visa grant.

Also, be prepared to accept the results just in case you're not approved... Good luck!
    24" iMac 2.4GHz, 15" MBP 2.6GHz, 13" BlackBook 2.16GHz, 12" iBook G3 466MHz, iMac G3, Nano 8GB RED, iPhone-3GS 16GB

I agree with iliketomac. Give them the assurance of "you" going back in the philippines.

Good luck with the results! :-)
    "What gets us into trouble isn't what we don't know,
    But what we know for sure that just ain't so"

Liked
    21 times

un nga po e, ano kaya mga kailangan nila? eto un mga past ko 1995 US visa granted, 1997 japan visa granted din, 2005 japan visa granted din

Liked
    17 times
    Real Name
    Grace Galang

my husband and I have given these tips to our friends and all of them got their US visas:
    - relax and don't think about not passing the interview;
    - most questions of the consul will come from the information you wrote on the US visa application form;
    - address the consul as officer not sir/madam;
    - greet the consul as you approach the window and return his greetings accordingly;
    - consuls will ask you about your work, your reason for going to the US, the whereabouts of your parents, siblings, spouse/partner;
    - always answer the question as briefly as possible. according to the consuls, Filipinos tend to beat around the bush;
    - if you were able to follow this steps, the consul would not even ask for any documents from you.
    - recently, the US are giving 10-year-multiple-entry visas.

Good luck!
    GRACE

Liked
    21 times

wow!!! talaga hehehe thanks po miss grace

actually kasama ko mom and dad ko getting a visa, its like a family trip for us

Liked
    17 times
    Real Name
    Grace Galang

that's good!

there's this one case nga...my 2 sisters-in-law and a brother-in-law all got their visas. they were interviewed at the same time - all 3 of them in one window. they thought they will not be approved because the consul told them this:
    "I think you will not return to the Philippines since your parents and your sister are already in the States"
    They were dumbfounded. But then one of my sis-in-law suddenly answered, "We will not jeopardize the status of my parents and my sister by not returning to the Philippines."
    The consul immediately gave them their approval slips. hehehe!
    GRACE

Liked
    21 times

wow!!! really presence of mind a hehehe galing, sana kami din ng family ko mabigyan ng visa

Liked
    1287 times
    Real Name
    Leo Castillo

Just in case you get denied, here's a good tip.

By law, the consul MUST tell you the reason why your application is denied.
    Politely but firmly ask the reason why. Do not leave without asking it. Listen to the reason.
    If it is something you can do something about, let him know you can come back with more evidence/proof on why you will not do the reason he says.

If he believes you, he will give you a SPECIAL FORM for a second appointment.
    Getting this form means you can come back the following week and bring your proof.
    It also means you do not have to start the application process from the very start (which means paying again).

I would even say if you are denied make sure you do not leave without getting that form.
    Again be firm but don't be impolite. Good luck!!!

Liked
    21 times

coollll pwde pla yun
    kasi my grandma got denied 3 times already, hehe un mga reason is mag isa lang kasi sya pupunta dun, and she have to wait another 6 months to apply for a visa again. thanks for the tip sir leo.

guys baka may alam sa inyo kung saan tatawag for schedule of interview?

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast