Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Shipping to Australia?

This is a discussion on Shipping to Australia? within the OT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Hey guys, Will be moving to Australia and was wondering if anyone here knows how to ship stuff there. I'm ...

Liked
    1 times

Default Shipping to Australia?

Hey guys,

Will be moving to Australia and was wondering if anyone here knows how to ship stuff there. I'm not loking for fast but hpefully no weight limit just like ocean freight services from the US. 1 month is fine with me. Sending a balikbayan box or two. Checked with Johnny air yesterday and they told me they only ship to the US. Any idea how much? Thanks.
    MacFilm - Great way to keep Macs clean! Buy MacFilm TRACKPAD and WRISTPAD films HERE.

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Shipping to Australia?

You can try to contact LBC. When I was in Oz two weeks ago, saw an LBC commercial advertising of their services from and to the Philippines. I'm just not sure if they cover the entire continent.

Liked
    1 times

ok. thanks! wil try to check with them. I just hope they offer ocean freight service.
    MacFilm - Great way to keep Macs clean! Buy MacFilm TRACKPAD and WRISTPAD films HERE.

Liked
    481 times
    Real Name
    Walter Yalung

LBC. Well, it was the other way around for us, we had a balikbayan box delivered from AUS->MNL. They've got Pinoy staff in their offices in Australia.

Hi Trackshields,

It was very diffuclt for me to find reverse cargo, that is from manila to oz. Oz to manila has a lot of cheap air and sea freight door to door deliveries. Anyway, i used the post office-philpost-to send most of my stuff to sydney. They have very reasonable rates and if you do air mail, it arrives in just a few days. They also have sea freight but not sure how long it takes. Go to the philpost website or ask at any major post office. the service is very reliable. Have used this method to send stuff to myself several times since the luggage allowance for australia is so low.

MBP 2.5Ghz. AEBS. ATV.
    Product Red 2nd Gen Nano. QC3. 3Gs iPhone. V-moda Vibe Duo
    GF1. D700.

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by maddoc View Post
    Hi Trackshields,

It was very diffuclt for me to find reverse cargo, that is from manila to oz. Oz to manila has a lot of cheap air and sea freight door to door deliveries. Anyway, i used the post office-philpost-to send most of my stuff to sydney. They have very reasonable rates and if you do air mail, it arrives in just a few days. They also have sea freight but not sure how long it takes. Go to the philpost website or ask at any major post office. the service is very reliable. Have used this method to send stuff to myself several times since the luggage allowance for australia is so low.
    Thanks Maddoc! You based in Sydney now? I'm about to start work in Queensland - E.R.

I have sent stuff to other countries through Philpost many times before and just love their Greenhills office. The service there is actually very good compared to other post offices. I don't feel like I'm in a government office in that one. I think the Philippine postal service is underrated and underused. People would rather send through private couriers. Well, can't blame them. I will definitely look into this because AU$34 per kilo excess with PAL is no joke. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, went to LBC earlier to check and they said they don't send big packages. only small parcels since the delivery service to Australia is by air only.

Hey Trackshields,
    Am in sYdney for the year to do my Masters in Bioethics then its back home to Manila to resume psychiatry practice. Btw, I also looked into unaccompanied baggage and big-time sea freight options but they were just too expensive for my needs. If you are moving there permanently, other options could be manila forwarders which has a reverse cargo system with 3 balikbayan box minimum or use a small container van if you have a lot of stuff.. I only needed about 40kg shipped hence the philpost option. Good luck! Meg

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by TrackShields View Post
    Thanks Maddoc! You based in Sydney now? I'm about to start work in Queensland - E.R.

I have sent stuff to other countries through Philpost many times before and just love their Greenhills office. The service there is actually very good compared to other post offices. I don't feel like I'm in a government office in that one. I think the Philippine postal service is underrated and underused. People would rather send through private couriers. Well, can't blame them. I will definitely look into this because AU$34 per kilo excess with PAL is no joke. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, went to LBC earlier to check and they said they don't send big packages. only small parcels since the delivery service to Australia is by air only.
    Just for the heads up, Philpost already has updated their postal fees http://philpost.gov.ph/web/internati...tage_rates.pdf

For some countries, fees had an increase by up to 80%