Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

culinary class; short course

This is a discussion on culinary class; short course within the OT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; still looking for one, im trying aristocrat, someone told me they also offer cooking class...

Liked
    21 times

Default Re: culinary class; short course

still looking for one, im trying aristocrat, someone told me they also offer cooking class

as in the restaurant "aristocrat"? the food's terrible and overpriced!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalirayacs View Post
    still looking for one, im trying aristocrat, someone told me they also offer cooking class
    i took a short baking course at heny sison and it was enjoyable.
    Last edited by snipes; 03-15-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Liked
    21 times

gusto ko lang namna sa kanila un chicken bbq e

Liked
    11 times

http://www.sylviareynosogala.com/

You can enroll only in the classes you want.
    Apple Desktop Computer | Apple Music Player | Apple Laptop | Apple Phone | Apple Tablet | Apple Television Device | Apple Digital Camera

CGX

Culinary Institute of Aristocrat aka "CIA" is a copycat of Culinary Institute of America, a well known culinary school . I find it funny because I never expected such a well respected institution to name their school as such. At first I though it was a spoof pero serious pala sila with the name.
    http://www.chefsgarb.com.ph

iBook 12"/ MBP 15" 2.2 Ghz / MBP 13" 2.26 / MBA 11" / 8g IPT 4th Gen / Canon S90 / iPad 2 16 Wifi

CGX

Sinner man is right. It is advisable to take basic culinary course where they teach you the cooking fundamentals. Imagine a soup stock to a mother sauce to a number of other sauces. You will also learn the basic knife skills, butchery etc... Honestly, some culinary schools are getting too profit oriented nowadays kaya ingat na lang in choosing a school

iBook 12"/ MBP 15" 2.2 Ghz / MBP 13" 2.26 / MBA 11" / 8g IPT 4th Gen / Canon S90 / iPad 2 16 Wifi

Liked
    2225 times
    Real Name
    Johannes Sia

You may check out ISCAHM for short courses or fundamental courses. Their faculty includes chefs and F&B people who came from Mandarin Oriental, Shangri-La, ADB (corporate chefs), New World, not to mention hotels from other countries as well. In short, you'll have teachers who have loads and loads of experience, knowledge and skills to impart with you.

If you've tried Aubergine (the fort) and loved the food, you'll be pleased to know that it's the same people that are behind it. If you like Antonio's and Lolo Dad's, then you'll be pleased to know that they were all mentored by Chef Gandler, one of the directors of ISCAHM.

Give them a call and see if they have the courses you're looking for. If not, try other schools like CCA. Cheers! And have fun in the kitchen (but if you want to be a professional chef, do take note of my signature )
    "Dapat mahusay at matino..." - Jesse Robredo

The kitchen is not a democracy.

try calling the Mandarin, i think they give trainings in the kitchen for a minimum fee.

note: i was a trainee then when chef tony boy (Antonio's) and chef ariel (Lolo Dad's) were finishing their tour of duty at the Mandarin, haven't worked with them but, they are like gods, syempre with chef gandler and chef humprey.

johannes is right, the kitchen is not a democracy. it's like there's a martial law inside, and on service time everybody is cursed like demons.

" if you can't take the heat, get out of my kitchen! "
    don't eat fish on mondays!

CGX

sinnerman, you forgot to mention chef earnie babaran

sinnerman, when did you graduate from catfabs, m trying to get a a culinary course from them. so u mean maganda ang facilities nila, how's their plating modern na ba? and ok ba sila magturo? so what do you do now sa hotel?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast