Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Canon Service Center

This is a discussion on Canon Service Center within the OT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Does anyone know a Canon Service Center near Ortigas Center/Pasig/Mandaluyong? Our PowerShot A300 is having a big problem. Problem just ...

dude_funk

Default Canon Service Center

Does anyone know a Canon Service Center near Ortigas Center/Pasig/Mandaluyong?

Our PowerShot A300 is having a big problem. Problem just appeared. See attached picture for a sample digital still photo taken of my iBook (photo resized).

Occurs on all settings: pixel size, ISO, exposure, etc.

Tried different Compact Flash cards. Removed all the batteries (including the CR2016) to see if "things would reset".

There seems to be _no_ problem with shooting video in Movie Mode. Just occurs when shooting stills.

Thanks in advance,
    Christian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Makati Service center: CANON MARKETING PHILIPPINES INC.
    Marvin Plaza Building 2153 Don chino roces Ave. (Pasong Tamo)
    Makati City
    Look for : Robert Castanares - Service Department
    8126047 loc 247
    812 6076 to 79

OR, you can bring it back to the dealer you bought if from, in which case, it'll end up in Makati too. Hope this helps.

dude_funk

Originally posted by manilaman2001
    Makati Service center: CANON MARKETING PHILIPPINES INC.
    Marvin Plaza Building 2153 Don chino roces Ave. (Pasong Tamo)
    Makati City
    Look for : Robert Castanares - Service Department
    8126047 loc 247
    812 6076 to 79

OR, you can bring it back to the dealer you bought if from, in which case, it'll end up in Makati too. Hope this helps.

Thanks Derick/Manilaman2001!

Liked
    2 times

They also have a service center at the Digital Hub at the Glorietta - but that's just a front office and they'll service your unit at the Hererra main office anyway.

dude_funk

I'm not really that angry (yet) but let me offer some feedback with regards to Canon support in the Philippines:

1. Online support is non-existent. You would get an automated reply thanking you for sending the message. You might even get a reply from a person telling you to forward the e-mail to another person. But no matter how much care you put into your e-mail (i.e. explaining the problem with your Canon product as best you can), you will _not_ get any feedback from a tech person.

Humble suggestion: take down the online support forms and simply inform Web visitors to sneakernet to the Canon office at Pasong Tamo.

... which is eventually what I did.

Processing our PowerShot for repair was quick and hassle-free.

But then I needed to follow-up on how much the repair would cost which leads me to item number...

2. It's so difficult to contact Canon via phone. It would probably help a lot if they _remove the fax machine_ connected to their main tech support voice number 812-0065. I've also tried calling 812-6047 but the operator would only say that the local for tech support is busy and that I should contact 812-0065 direct.

This is the second day/time when the operator was kind enough to get my name, contact number and reference number so that someone from support would return my call.

Granted it's been only 3 days after I left our camera with them, I'm still not that agitated.

But this is just silly. Why the heck is a voice phone number connected to a fax machine?

Liked
    97 times
    Real Name
    Randy Tamayo

Oh, you should try Nikon support here in the Philippines...wink wink...

3 days is the default (so to speak number of days Canon quotes for repairs)...What I sually do is leave my camera, and come back on the fourth day for it...never fails.

Not unless you use your camera professionally (to earn a living?)

Originally posted by dude_funk
    I'm not really that angry (yet) but let me offer some feedback with regards to Canon support in the Philippines:

1. Online support is non-existent. You would get an automated reply thanking you for sending the message. You might even get a reply from a person telling you to forward the e-mail to another person. But no matter how much care you put into your e-mail (i.e. explaining the problem with your Canon product as best you can), you will _not_ get any feedback from a tech person.

Humble suggestion: take down the online support forms and simply inform Web visitors to sneakernet to the Canon office at Pasong Tamo.

... which is eventually what I did.

Processing our PowerShot for repair was quick and hassle-free.

But then I needed to follow-up on how much the repair would cost which leads me to item number...

2. It's so difficult to contact Canon via phone. It would probably help a lot if they _remove the fax machine_ connected to their main tech support voice number 812-0065. I've also tried calling 812-6047 but the operator would only say that the local for tech support is busy and that I should contact 812-0065 direct.

This is the second day/time when the operator was kind enough to get my name, contact number and reference number so that someone from support would return my call.

Granted it's been only 3 days after I left our camera with them, I'm still not that agitated.

But this is just silly. Why the heck is a voice phone number connected to a fax machine?
    [Edited on 5-6-2005 by randytamayo]

Liked
    6 times

i bring my camera to canon for cleaning. takes only a couple of minutes. but for repair, like randy said, its standard 3 days. its ok... give me reason to go back and check *.....* out.

Liked
    97 times
    Real Name
    Randy Tamayo

Can I buy the letters T and S? No, I don't need vowels...hehehe...

Originally posted by ncarandang
    and check *.....* out.

Liked
    6 times

i'd buy both letters T and S anytime Randy.

Liked
    40 times
    Real Name
    Daniel Umali

speaking of cleaning and repair, how would you guys know if your image sensor for your dslr is damaged?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast