Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Photo Smorgasborg for Photo Buffs

This is a discussion on Photo Smorgasborg for Photo Buffs within the Photo Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; togi thanks. For everyone's viewing pleasure, I uploaded a bunch of my photographs. http://www.photo.net.ph/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=881...

Lakisalayaw1970

Default Photo Smorgasborg for Photo Buffs

togi thanks.

For everyone's viewing pleasure, I uploaded a bunch of my photographs.

http://www.photo.net.ph/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=881

jjm

Nice! :cheers:

turonski

Cool and spectacular shots! :cheers:Are there any workshops for idiots like me who want to learn?

Galing galing!

Lakisalayaw1970

Originally posted by turonski
    Cool and spectacular shots! :cheers:Are there any workshops for idiots like me who want to learn?
    Oh c'mon. Just look at a bunch of photographs. You can start at http://www.photo.net.ph/. Register and just collect your favorites. Maybe you'll notice what pleases you and you can work that way. I don't have a particularly genre I look at all the time.

If you have a digital camera, just keep shooting away, and you don't have to bother printing them out. It really pays off in the end and you don't have to go to the lab all the time.

The cool thing with taking pictures in color is that you can turn them into black and white later on. Color tends to react to the composition, for example a bright yellow or bright orange gives off so much perceptual information that you tend to overlook the overall composition. Shooting in black and white, you deal with pure light and forms. So it's important not to crop out the forms when composing a color photograph. The color can get you distracted.

I urge you to go out and shoot. Register and start uploading at www.photo.net.ph. Check out what your kababayan are looking at and taking pictures of. The festival photographs are wonderful. You will learn from other creative members of the community.

Lakisalayaw1970

Originally posted by BrianBoy
    Galing galing!
    Thanks.

Just registered at photo.net ! i'll be posting my "go out and shoot" photos soon hehe! hope you guys check them out.

Originally posted by Lakisalayaw1970
    Oh c'mon. Just look at a bunch of photographs. You can start at http://www.photo.net.ph/. Register and just collect your favorites. Maybe you'll notice what pleases you and you can work that way. I don't have a particularly genre I look at all the time.

If you have a digital camera, just keep shooting away, and you don't have to bother printing them out. It really pays off in the end and you don't have to go to the lab all the time.

The cool thing with taking pictures in color is that you can turn them into black and white later on. Color tends to react to the composition, for example a bright yellow or bright orange gives off so much perceptual information that you tend to overlook the overall composition. Shooting in black and white, you deal with pure light and forms. So it's important not to crop out the forms when composing a color photograph. The color can get you distracted.

I urge you to go out and shoot. Register and start uploading at www.photo.net.ph. Check out what your kababayan are looking at and taking pictures of. The festival photographs are wonderful. You will learn from other creative members of the community.

There are tons of websites out there that teach basic and advanded topics for photography. Just google away. In the meantime, visit Luminous Landscape and this bit on Composition from Petteri's Pontifications.
    Also, check out this thread on photography podcasts.

Liked
    2 times

nice shots! so what camera are you using?

turonski

Thanks for the info free formula. Lots of useful tips. Was wondering though if there are any handson workshops that will actually walk you through some of these tips and then some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast