Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Canon Service Center

This is a discussion on Canon Service Center within the Photo Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Hi, Where is the Canon service center in the Philippines? I need to have my EOS 300 checked. Im not ...

Liked
    4 times

Default Canon Service Center

Hi,

Where is the Canon service center in the Philippines? I need to have my EOS 300 checked. Im not sure if there is something wrong with the lens, the camera, or I really suck as a photographer. I took a lot of pictures yesterday and all of them came out blurry. Also, I wear glasses, wuld that have any effect when i take pictures?

Charles

Liked
    33 times
    Real Name
    Rico Camus

Default Re: Canon Service Center

check out the canon website for a complete list of service centers.

However, the main one in Makati is along Pasong Tamo. Easiest way to get there is to get on Herera street in Legazpi village and continue on past Mile Long. It is the building on the corner of Herera and Pasong Tamo, on the right side (the street is one way so there is only one right side). P

Pls take time to check your settings. See if you are under the 1/focal length rule. For example you use a 50mm lens then you shutter speed is 1/30s, most likely you'll get blurred photo due to camera shake.

Canon marketing Philippines is located at 2153 Don Chino ROces, Marvin Plaza Ave, Makati. hotline 884 9000 . The service center for digital cameras is now located on the 3rd or 4th floor pls double check it.

Last edited by tekgik; 09-01-2006 at 10:08 AM.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by tekgik
    Pls take time to check your settings. See if you are under the 1/focal length rule. For example you use a 50mm lens then you shutter speed is 1/30s, most likely you'll get blurred photo due to camera shake.
    Hi thanks for the coment. How do I check that? Im a newbie photgrapher. generally I only use the camera to get phtos for work.

Liked
    271 times
    Real Name
    Bobby Timonera

Canon Marketing Philippines
    2153 Marvin Plaza Bldg. Chino Roces Ave., Makati City
    Tel: 812-6047; 812-6076 to 79, Fax: 812-0067

Service center is on the 2nd floor. If you're coming from Buendia side going to Edsa, Marvin plaza is on the left side, just before that gas station (not sure if Caltex or Petron). Those jeeps along Pasay Rd (Arnaiz?) going to Taft, they turn right along Mile Long, and when it turns left, the next corner, on your right, is Marvin Plaza.

Blurry you mean caused by camera shake, where you can feel the movement in the photo? Or out of focus? If you were using too slow a shutter speed, then expect blurry shots. If you accidentally moved switch on the lens from AF to MF, then you know what to do. Sometimes, the kit lens just got busted and won't AF anymore. When you focus, does the camera give you the confirmation beep that it's already in focus?

I wear glasses, too. I just adjust the diopter lens to suit my glasses' grade.

Try checking everything first before going to Canon. Canon now charges an arm and a leg for repairs. If kit lens repair, they'd usually charge you so high it's cheaper to just look for 2nd hand lenses. Unfortunately, Canon isn't selling the kit lens separately.

BisDak

The rule of the thumb is, never set your shutter speed below your focal lenght. If you are using a 50mm lense, your shutter speed should not go below 1/50sec. If you are using a telephoto lense, be sure to check on your focal lenght meter and use it to guide you in setting up the appropriate shutter speed. Of course, this may not always be the case specially if you are in a "low light" environment. This is where you can use all possible help from a lense with IS (Image Stabilizer) a monopod or tripod and maybe even an external flash if available.

~hacksaw

Liked
    50 times

Fastest way to check:

1. Make sure the diopter is set right for your eye. Look through the viewfinder and turn the little diopter knob on the upper right side of the viewfinder until the indicators inside the viewfinder are sharp. Dont pay attention to the image in the viewscreen, just look at the lit shutter speed incicator and exposure meter (press the shutter halfway to make it light up)

2. Make sure your lens is clean on both sides

3. Put your camera on a tripod or on a table and focus at a wall calendar or similar item with vertical and horizontal lines. Keep the object at a reasonable distnce (6-10 ft). Shoot several pictures at various focal lenghts 18mm, 35mm, 55, mm etc. try some shots by manually focusing as well.

** Be in good light or use the flash to keep your shutter speed above 1/60

If the shots are clear then the camera and lens are fine. If the all the shots are blurred something is wrong. if the AF shots are blurred but the MF shots are ok there is a problem with the Autofocus. If the AF shots are ok but the MF shots are blurred your focusing screen may be misaligned. If the shots at a particular focal length are blurred but sharp at others the lens may have a problem.

If it turns out that the camera and lens are fine follow the suggestions in the posts above and keep your shutter speed higher than the focal length. Also practice your stance and camera holding. Yopur fingers may be touching the focusing ring which interferes with the AF. HTH!
    Last edited by empty; 09-01-2006 at 11:16 AM.

Liked
    4 times

Thanks guys.

Liked
    38 times

Does Canon's Service Center accept Visa credit card for cleaning services?