Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

terminating smart bro contract

This is a discussion on terminating smart bro contract within the Wired-NOT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Hi guys, Was wondering if anyone here has terminated their contract with Smart Bro even if its less than a ...

JLO

Default terminating smart bro contract

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone here has terminated their contract with Smart Bro even if its less than a year.

I'm not even a month on my contract and I just simply dislike the service. The connection keeps on dropping from time to time. Not very reliable for a broadband connection, and to think that we are paying for the service to be up the 24/7. I guess there is really mix reactions when it comes to Smart Bro service; some smart bro users say that they never had a problem with their subscription. I guess it just depends on your location.

I'm thinking of switching to PLDT MyDSL. My cousin who lives just a few houses away says that they never had a problem with PLDT MyDSL since day 1. I guess PLDT services this area of ours pretty well then.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone out there has ever cancelled their smart bro plan less than the 1 year contract and if they had to pay for any penalties or pre-termination fee.

JLO

Liked
    427 times
    Real Name
    Nicholas Gonzales

Default Re: terminating smart bro contract

As far as I know, Smart Bro has a 1 year lock-in period. Lucky for me, my lock-in period is ending this August. So I'm switching to either PLDT or Globe.

Liked
    18 times

File a complaint and they should give you a rebate. If you're lucky they might even free you from the lock-in period.

JLO

I got a call from smart bro. They'll have a tech over within 48 hours (yah, right) to try and fix my connection. I told them that the agreement was that they have to fix it and I should have broadband connection 24/7, if not I will definitely cancel my subscription.

Crossing my fingers that they can somehow fix it, saves me the hassle of applying somehwere else.

Liked
    63 times
    Real Name
    Rolly Ceballos

At least they have a record of your complaint and after 48 hours you have evidence that their system doesn't work. That works to ask for a rebate or cancel the subscription (the latter I haven't tried yet).
    Rolly
    A Black Macbook, a 2010 15" MBP and an iPhone

MobileJunkie blog | bacchus_3 flickr

Liked
    2 times

i've had about 15 to 20 days (consistent) of downtime. i called tech support and they havent resolved the problem for 2 weeks. i went to a smart wireless center to formally file the complaint and they only gave me a reference number which i'm supposed to give to techsupport in case it happens again.

the service is normal again. but upon calling tech support, they informed me that the rebate for the downtime is only about PhP 170.00

i went to their quezon ave center to complain about the rebate and wawee of customer service promised to get in touch with me as soon as she gets feedback on the issue.

for records purposes, i asked her if there's anyone in charge that i can write a formal letter of complaint to because i intend to take the matter to NTC. she said to kindly address it to smart in general.

up until now, no word from wawee and i get this sick feeling everytime i go online that i'm shortchanged. the promised service is never delivered, i think it's best to file some sort of a class action suit.
    Last edited by riverphoenix; 07-06-2007 at 05:49 PM.
    ハツカ一 aut viam inveniam aut faciam

G3 Beige> iMac DV> eMac> iBook G4> MBPro 15> MBP i5

Liked
    63 times
    Real Name
    Rolly Ceballos

Stop paying your bill. Let them call you when following up for delinquent payments and give them your reference number for your complaints. That will surely connect you to their billing/finance group - if this doesn't work tell us again. I didn't have any problem with smart on their phone plan service so I'm not sure why this is difficult for them to come to proper terms.
    Rolly
    A Black Macbook, a 2010 15" MBP and an iPhone

MobileJunkie blog | bacchus_3 flickr

well...you guys who are thinking of switching should call pldt or globe right away...cuz when i did, they gave me the contract and everything, i signed and expected to have internet soon...of course, both eventually told me (after repeated follow ups) that my area was full..so i had to wait.

if you don't mind the expensive price, you can go with greendot. www.greendot.com.ph
    they are a bit expensive compared to the others, but my internet is extremely fast and stable. Very little downtime.

Liked
    7 times

How much is an "expensive price"?

Honestly, this is the first I've ever heard of greendot!

Real Name
    William Ong

something similar happened to me with Globe broadband...the connection also keeps dropping every now and then...called customer service...after one week, no improvement...then I decided to go to a globeline center and ask them either to do something about it or else, I want my contract terminated...after another week, still nothing happened...went back to the globeline center to have my contract terminated...the cs rep just said that she'll file a report about the problem and my demand for them to either do something about it or have my contract revoked...I told the cs rep that she was merely repeating what was done a week ago. Also, I ask her who's in charge because I wanted to write a formal complain...I was told to address the letter to Globe CS...at this point, I was really trying my best to control my temper...then told the cs rep that I'll bring the case to NTC...she merely told me to do whatever I think is necessary. I didn't go to NTC...but wrote an email to Mr Gerardo Ablaza Jr, the president and CEO of Globe Telecom. Next day, I got a call from a CS rep...told  me that they're sending a technician ( who came later in the afternoon) and before the day ended, my internet connection is ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast