Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

PLDT myDSL, new subscriber, HORRIBLE login procedure

This is a discussion on PLDT myDSL, new subscriber, HORRIBLE login procedure within the Wired-NOT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Hi guys, I need help on how to get around this new "problem" PLDT has given its new DSL subscribers. ...

Default PLDT myDSL, new subscriber, HORRIBLE login procedure

Hi guys,
    I need help on how to get around this new "problem" PLDT has given its new DSL subscribers.
    When I tried helping out my inlaws install their linksys router, I found out that logging in into their myDSL account is a bit more complicated than before. It used to be that you just create a new connection via connection wizard (WinXP users) and when done, double click that connection to login with your name and password to connect to the net. Using a similar procedure, I know that the linksys router can automatically input your username and password for you so that you connect to the net automatically, as long as both the modem and router are on.
    Now, PLDT requires you to just thru some hoops.

1. Set homepage to http://10.254.8.15:8080. This then accesses the login screen
    2. After typing your username/password, it brings you to another page with a big logo of PLDt myDSL. You can now browse your favorite website...sort of.
    3. If you try to access any website, it will initially ALWAYS redirect you first to www.mypad.net. WHAT THE H*LL is up with that?

So my question is that is there any workaround to this so that the router logs in automatically? It seems such a hassle especially compared to my GlobeDSL account in my appartment. Just plug in the modem and go...no more login cr@p!

Sorry to be venting a little guys. Thanks in advance.

Allan

Default Re: PLDT myDSL, new subscriber, HORRIBLE login procedure

If I were you, i'd trash that modem they gave and get me a decent router, like Linksys or DLink. Also, trash the homepage, setup your own.

Liked
    32 times

i use pldt mydsl and it's not as complicated as that. here's how i set it up:

1. go to "system preferences"
    2. go to "network"
    3. go to "built-in ethernet" and click "configure"
    4. under tcp/ip, "configuring IPv4" is set to "using PPP"
    5. under PPPoE, put a check on "connect using PPPoE", then type in your account name and password (this is provided to you by PLDT), then put a check on "save password". click "PPPoE options" and uncheck everything except "disconnect when user logs out" and "disconnect when switching user accounts". for my sanity's sake, i made sure i unchecked "connect automatically when needed" (it kept trying to connect even if i was using a different internet connection), "prompt every 30 minutes to maintain connection" (it gets really annoying to see this message in regular intervals), and "disconnect if idle for 30 minutes (why would i wanna do that if my internet connection is unlimited, right?). let me qualify that i don't know squat about the advanced options, but since they were unchecked in the first place, i left them unchecked, as well. click "okay" after you're done with the "PPPoE options", then put a check on "show PPPoE status in menu bar" (this is so you can log in through your menu baar).
    6. under "apple talk", you can't change anything, so leave it be.
    7. under "proxies", "configure proxies" is set at "manually", and "use passive FTP mode" is checked. nothing else is checked. let me again qualify that i didn't really have to change anything here (and neither do i have any idea what to change), but since that's how mine's set and i can connect to pldt mydsl, i assume i don't need to change anything.
    8. under "ethernet", configure is set to "automatically"
    9. after doing all of the above, click "apply now" and exit "system preferences".
    10. you will see a built-in ethernet icon on your menu bar. to log in, click this and choose "connect", wait until it indicates "PPPoE: Connected", then surf away!

hmm...i guess it IS complicated after all! hehe! hope this solves your problem.

cheers.

Hi Allan...

Let's disregard the Wifi portion of your problem first.

Can you authenticate if your Mac is connected directly to the DSL modem using Internet Connect?

If so, then you can bypass all that homepage hooey from PLDT and just set it up in a straightforward fashion using your WiFi AP to authenticate to PLDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_D
    Hi Allan...

Let's disregard the Wifi portion of your problem first.

Can you authenticate if your Mac is connected directly to the DSL modem using Internet Connect?

If so, then you can bypass all that homepage hooey from PLDT and just set it up in a straightforward fashion using your WiFi AP to authenticate to PLDT.
    Hi Dave,
    I'm setting up my inlaw's PC at their home. After analyzing everything, it seems that once the PC and the modem are booted up, there IS a connection but you have to go first to http://10.254.8.15:8080/ (thats what tech sup told me to type) and log on from there. Sort of like a web-based log on system (I may be wrong though ).

I think I know what you are trying to get at. Back in my PC days, I would go to Control Panel, then click on Network Setup Wizard. That is where I put the username and password and it then creates an icon on the desktop for me. I then double click that icon, click connect, then surf away. Well, it seems that I cannot do that now with my inlaw's new DSL connection. It just won't authenticate the username/password. I really have to pass thru http://10.254.8.15:8080/ in order to login.

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Sph1nx
    If I were you, i'd trash that modem they gave and get me a decent router, like Linksys or DLink. Also, trash the homepage, setup your own.
    Hey Sph1nx,
    I got my inlaw's a linksys WRT54G wireless router so thats good. And I don't think that the modem is the problem, its the logon procedure.
    As for the homepage, it is not embedded on their browser as their start page but it seems like it is an automatic redirect after you logon at http://10.254.8.15:8080/. After logging on there, when you type ANY addy on the address bar, it will always go to www.mypad.net. This only happens after the initial logon though. But still annoying.

Allan

ask PLDT DSL to replace your modem with the one that is compatible with PPPoE

Liked
    8 times
    Real Name
    Cris Brigoli

If the PPPoE option doesn't work, uncheck "connect using PPPoE" and use DHCP in Configure IPv4.

Hope this helps.
    Mac Rulez!!! Promise!!!