Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PLDT DSL to WiFi

This is a discussion on PLDT DSL to WiFi within the Wired-NOT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; im currently subscribed to PLDT DSL and i want to have WiFi at home...is there any chance of just converting ...

Default PLDT DSL to WiFi

im currently subscribed to PLDT DSL and i want to have WiFi at home...is there any chance of just converting my connection to WiFi like adding a router/access point to my DSL modem?
    Edifice Photographie Studios is now open for studio rentals! contact 6244622; 09175342432 for details. Follow @EdificeStudios on Twitter. Like our Facebook Page.

Liked
    1238 times
    Real Name
    Leo Castillo

Default Re: PLDT DSL to WiFi

Yes, you can do this, exactly as you said.

I'm a PLDT DSL user and I'm using a DLink DI-624 router for wifi. Both Macs and PC can connect.

Leo

Liked
    2 times

yes i was able to set up using a linksys router too

Liked
    307 times
    Real Name
    Adel Gabot

No real need to buy a wifi router if your needs are basic.

If you have a wifi-enabled Mac, either desktop or laptop, just enable Internet sharing. Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Internet and check the appropriate boxes. Thing here is, you'll always have to keep the sharing computer on all the time.

If set up properly, anyone within range (which is considerable), Mac or PC, can access it, so whatever you do, always password the connection so none of your neighbors can leach off of you.
    If the world had no fences or walls, we wouldn't need Gates or Windows.

Apple Gear: 27" iMac 16GB RAM / Gold iPhone 5s 16GB / iPad 64GB White LTE / 3rd Gen Apple TV / 6th Gen iPod nano 16GB / iPod Shuffle 1GB

Liked
    15 times

yes this is easy. i use a netgear router. already switched to smart bro and router still works.

yeah! thanks!=)kaya ako nag cconsider mag convert into wifi coz im currently using a pc desktop and planning to buy a macbook para lang internet all over my house ako hehehe
    Edifice Photographie Studios is now open for studio rentals! contact 6244622; 09175342432 for details. Follow @EdificeStudios on Twitter. Like our Facebook Page.

uio

chec, all you have to do is to buy an Airport Express and connect it to your PLDT modem and viola you have a WiFi signal in your house. It works for both Mac and PC. You don't need to keep the sharing computer on all the time and besides it more energy efficient and cost saving than keeping the sharing computer on all the time.
    But be sure to incorporate a password into your apple network so that your neighbor would not be able to access your network and won't slow down the internet connection.

Also on PLDT-DSL.Got a VOip modem & this mac mini hooked up to Linksys. the Wi-Fi function is for the PClaptop.
    17" MBP 2.33GHz IC2D 3GB ram 200GB Serial ATA
    mac mini 1.42GHz PPC G4 running OS X 10.4.8 300GB LaCie mini XHD
    and a partridge in a pear treeeeee...

I use a D-Link wireless router... It's got 4 cable connections and 4 wireless connections. I've currently got an old Pentium 4 connected via wire;and an AMD PC, an IBM Thinkpad, my P990i and my MBP connected via WiFi. We've experimented using Yahoo messenger all at the same time, using available webcams. And, it worked fine...
    I used to have a cool signature...
    My iPhotographer Gear List

kaya ba ng airport express ang 2 floor house wherein the airport express is located upstairs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast