Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Destiny Cable Internet Promo

This is a discussion on Destiny Cable Internet Promo within the Wired-NOT Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Anyone heard of Destiny's cable internet promo for just php 500 / month? It does'nt say what would be the ...

Default Destiny Cable Internet Promo

Anyone heard of Destiny's cable internet promo for just

php 500 / month? It does'nt say what would be the speeds

would anyone know about this?

[Edited on 11-28-2005 by elbertc]

Liked
    910 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

Originally posted by icetraxx626
    Anyone heard of Destiny's cable internet promo for just

php 500 / month? It does'nt say what would be the speeds

would anyone know about this?

[Edited on 11-28-2005 by elbertc]
    Hi Icetraxx.

I edited your message because your subject line was in all caps, which is considered SHOUTING. I hope you don't mind.

To answer your question. I used to be a Destiny subscriber. I was one of the early ones to jump on the broadband bandwagon when they first launched. Over the years, my bandwidth kept going lower and lower. In the early days, Destiny didn't commit to any speed (I think it's the same now). They just say "unlimited Internet access", which means they can go as low as 128 kbps and you can't complain about it. Without prior notice, they lowered the monthly fee (I used to pay over P2k a month). So while new subs were paying P1688, I was paying the old rate. To their credit, a simple email from me corrected this and they offered a rebate for the months I overpaid. But it shouldn't have happened in the first place, right?

At around that time, they started offering the plan 888 to gamers. That's when my bandwidth dropped tremendously. I was barely hitting 200kbps, which really sucked (I used to get over 400kbps when I first started). I complained about it, but they said there was nothing wrong.

The last straw was when I experienced an outage--for two weeks! It was resolved only after I spoke to a high position manager in a different department. I later found out that the reason I had downtime was because my problem was isolated and they just didn't have the linesmen to send over (they dropped all their sub cons apparently).

Now, with a P500, I wonder what burden this would be to their current subscribers. Destiny is obviously spreading itself too thinly. Their help desk is way undermanned as it is (took me an average of an 45 mins just to get answered by a real person). Would you believe I bought a headset for my cordless phone just because of Destiny tech support? Their technicians are the ones in need support.

Sorry for the rant. I just can't get over it to this day. Getting rid of Destiny was probably the best thing thats ever happened to me.

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by elbertc]

Appreciate your comments on this Elbert. Currently I'm looking for a broadband connection at this time.I dont want to subscribe to a phoneline right now so I can't get PLDT's DSL. I tried applying for globelines dsl last weekend and I found out that all their data lines in Mandaluyong are all used already. I'm currently looking at Destiny & Zpdee at the moment w/c does not require you to get subscription to their regular cable services.

Any other suggestions?Or have feedbacks about Zpdee? My budget is limited to about 1k/month as well.

Bayantel doesn't require you to subscribe to their phone line services (last time I've read/understand), but I haven't subscribed to them yet (that's another story!).

Meanwhile, I have a PLDT landline already at home.. so I'm going to give the P999.00 plan a shot! :cheers:

I'm referring to DSL Internet services.. I mean! :embarrased:

Hi there icetraxx626,

For your 1K budget, why don't you try SMART WIFI. It's been discussed here. Try to do SEARCH. You pay 988/month. To apply, go here.

Installation fee is 1K plus 1 month advance payment (P988).

Speed is pretty decent. 120kbps - 300kbps max. (depends on where you are, am quite far from the nearest line of sight Smart antenna.)

HTH.

Originally posted by Dropzone
    Hi there icetraxx626,

For your 1K budget, why don't you try SMART WIFI. It's been discussed here. Try to do SEARCH. You pay 988/month. To apply, go here.

Installation fee is 1K plus 1 month advance payment (P988).

Speed is pretty decent. 120kbps - 300kbps max. (depends on where you are, am quite far from the nearest line of sight Smart antenna.)

HTH.

Well, I tried considering this as well.But as I've read in the discussions here SMart wifi is so crappy.

I'm checking out if Zpdee is any good.Does anyone know any recent feedbacks about their service?

Liked
    1 times

Default Destiny Internet whoops dsl a$$

Destiny improved their facilities and I haven't had a downtime for the last 3 months :devious:

[Edited on 11-29-2005 by vedderaxl]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked
    1 times

Default Destiny test from 2wire

This test from a site abroad (baka may doubters sa Globequest) :yes:
    And I did this test during peak hours at 10PM. I know the speed can reach 4 Mbps offpeak hours esp very early morning :cheers:
    Destiny and torrents. Perfect combo!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by vedderaxl
    Destiny improved their facilities and I haven't had a downtime for the last 3 months :devious:

[Edited on 11-29-2005 by vedderaxl]
    Thanks for your input vedderaxl.What Destiny plan did you subscribe for?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast