Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

apple cares even for those without apple care!

This is a discussion on apple cares even for those without apple care! within the AppleTalk Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; i would like to take this opportunity to thank apple for being reasonable enough to let me have a logic ...

Liked
    23 times
    Real Name
    Ahren Mojica

Default apple cares even for those without apple care!

i would like to take this opportunity to thank apple for being reasonable enough to let me have a logic board replacement even my warranty lapsed 3 months ago. my unit is the old MBP 2.4 ghz with the Santa Rosa Chipset early 2008

here's my story:
    I was working on some graphics for an ad campaign 2 weeks ago when the screen of my MBP froze, i just shrugged my shoulder thinkin that i could just do the hard reset and everything will be good again. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to turn it on so i just patiently tried and tried, but no matter what i did the freakin thing wouldnt just turn on. Finally, i decided to call up Digital Hub to sked a check-up on my laptop, but as i was about to hit the road for Digital Hub RP Manila, it magically turned on, as if nothing weird happened... stupid as i was, i tried opening the same file again. Guess what? it froze again. That kicked the Sh*t out of me.

The next day i brought it in Digital Hub RP Manila, to have it checked up, unluckily i woke up pretty late and the technician was burried under tons of work load already. So, what i did was, i returned the next day to have it checked up. then BOOM! the technician told me that there was no chime and that he couldnt figure out whether it's an Nvidia Issue like what apple issued on their website on those kind of laptop models. He told me that it's really gonna cost me some serious money if the prob is the logic board since i don't have apple care and im out of warranty already

persistent as i was, i called up apple tech support in singapore to report my problem.
    the technician transferred my call to the customer representative in australia to take my call, I started to tell my story and how i would like to request for a FREE repair even if i was indeed out of warranty and without apple care. He just made a report and opened a case for me, so they could look closely into it, but in the back of my head i was like thinkin " these reports are just gonna be flushed out the sink" that has always been my idea of how things happen, when u try to call a customer care for whatever product or whatever service. I had this idea, that they were just hired to be the human barricade to dodge the wrath and anger of unsatisfied and furious customers. lolz

anyways, a few days passed by and still there was nothing. I thought i've got nothing to lose if i had it checked up on Digital Hub's Main branch in Virra Mall, so i eagerly waited there for more than 4 hours to have it checked, then BOOOOOOOM!!!!! it's the same thing they need, to hear the effin chime and that could have derived the GPU code that apple needed to verify that it was indeed a video card issue. That one would have easily saved my ass because apple recalled those MBP's with the Nvidia 8600 M GT released late 2007-early 2008. Apple is willing to extend the warranty of those unit owners who has that specified issue, even without apple care. They couldnt do anything then. it was like my hope crumbled into little specs of dust that would later dissolve into an eternity of mourning and regret of not getting an apple care for my MBP. All i had was an aluminum brick... i wanna throw it out the window or even hammer it like crazy. I then thought of this other guy who came in Digital Hub earlier than i did, he had the same problem, also out of apple care. What he did was, he sold it in greenhills i think.. for just 15k and just bought a new one. I would have done the same thing if i had enough budget for an emergency like this, but as i recall Sir Julius of digital hub virra called up for a quote of a new logic board for that model and he said that that it would hit me at 69k!!!! What the FFFFF !!!!! that's like a price of a new 13 MBP already.

I ended up going home with a major head-ache and a gigantic aluminum brick
    I did everything to try and come up with enough moola's to get a new one or even
    a second hand with almost the same specs, but tough luck.. i wasn't able to. I was even considering on selling my LeBron James on-card autograph collection:slanted:. all i had were a broken apple iphone and a broken MBP (all by myself *playing on the background* lolz). great!!! really great!!!! by then, I decided to give it a try and follow up on my case, but unluckily,i cant simply get hold of the customer care reperesentative that i was talking to.. the one that made the report. I was hopeless, almost 2 weeks has passed by since i made a report and so i felt all screwed up..... I prayed hard that i'll be a better person, if God will let me keep my MBP and to help me find a way to FIX it. ( this is really honest, i swear... i was that desperate to even make a pact. LOL

Then today was the greatest day ever!!!!! i tried following up on my case and called up apple again, the person on the other line tried retrieving the case on file and see if there was any resolution. VOILA!!! they issued me a CS code (customer satisfaction) and they're gonna replace my logic board for free!!!! wweeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    i was ecstatic!!!!!! i called up digital hub virra mall to verify and it's for real.... tom or saturday i'll be bringing my MBP to Digital Hub Virra Mall to have it revived officially. They told me that it would take them 2-7 days as they are still gonna have the fresh new logic board shipped... im so happy... apple really does care.

so for all those peeps who has the same prob or some other issue and is out of apple care, when all else fails, just never quit... soon enough it'll all pay-off. btw, for all those curious peeps who wants to know the name of the customer care representative that handled my case, his name is Shannon. Shout-out goes to Sir Julius and Sir Jomar of Digital Hub Virra Mall as well, without them Shannon could have just ignored my case... thanks Digital Hub and Thanks APPLE!!!!!!!

for all those people who read my story. Thanks to you all too!!!
    this might be a novel to read, but i hope it could serve as an inspiration to
    many.
    Last edited by uber_wafu; 09-04-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Liked
    2 times
    Real Name
    Nick Louie Zorilla

Default Re: apple cares even to those without apple care!

great news indeed! this is why apple is best of class in customer service.

Liked
    14 times
    Real Name
    Kevin Michael

That's good to hear. That's why Apple has a customer service rating as high as 80%.

Liked
    410 times
    Real Name
    Lawrence

try to parlay it into being able to buy applecare for said computer. call up that customer rep and say that you'll buy applecare on the spot to cover it.

its worth a shot

plus it covers you if you want to sell in in two years.
    black macbook c2d 2.16/black macbook c2d 2.0/12" pbook 1.5/ipod nano 4g/ipod photo 40g/iphone 2g/treo 680/airport extreme 802.11n/apple i5 macbook pro 15.4" 2.53 8gb 500gb HD/macbook pro 13" 2.66 8gb 500gb 7200/iphone 4s/iPad Air/iPad Mini w/ Retina

Liked
    282 times
    Real Name
    Eduardo A. Barrenechea II

Great news.

As far as I know, Apple's really willing to replace MBPs with the defective 8600 GT card, regardless if you have apple care or not. They released a memorandum on it about a year ago or so, I think.
    courage. wisdom. power.

totoo po ba sir uber_wafu na kasama un late 2007 mbp sa recall? i have that model too.. 8600gt. pero ok pa nmn un video card. ok lng ba to call up apple singapore and let them replace my 8600gt?

vtf
    Liked
    19 times
    Real Name
    Victor T. Fernando

this story makes one feel great that i am a mac user.

wow thats apple tender loving care...the best in customer service..

Liked
    346 times
    Real Name
    Jerome Jimeno

yup.. just went there yesterday and boy they do care.. I'm lovin' mac even more..
    Last edited by Yagbolz; 09-04-2009 at 08:18 AM.
    Macbook Air 11" (2012) | iPhone 5 | iPad Mini | Samsung S3 Mini | PS3 | PS Vita | Nikon D3100 | iPod Nano w/ Lunatic | Cherry Mobile Fusion Bolt

Liked
    88 times

That's the powe of prayer!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast