Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Chikka Text for MAC?

This is a discussion on Chikka Text for MAC? within the OS X Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Hello...I would like to ask if there's a program like "Chikka Text" for MAC OS X so i can get ...

Patrick F

Default Chikka Text for MAC?

Hello...I would like to ask if there's a program like "Chikka Text" for MAC OS X so i can get in touch with my friends in the Philippines?) Thanx in advance

Hi patrick , Chikka don't support the Mac yet. Even the JAVALITE version is not working.

I am running Chikka on WIN98SE under Virtual PC 6. That's the only solution i can think of todate.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by McArenas]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patrick F

Thanx Mcarenas...actually was thinking about that too but i was trying to exhaust all the resources that are free first before buying that program...alam mo naman... walang pirated mac programs anyway i noticed you're using the kodak dx series camera..do u also have the kodak easyshare printer dock 6000? if so, were you able to utilized the printer from the kodak easy share progs or from iphoto? apparently this printer is not supported by MacOSX panther...

Originally posted by Patrick F
    Thanx Mcarenas...actually was thinking about that too but i was trying to exhaust all the resources that are free first before buying that program...alam mo naman... walang pirated mac programs anyway i noticed you're using the kodak dx series camera..do u also have the kodak easyshare printer dock 6000? if so, were you able to utilized the printer from the kodak easy share progs or from iphoto? apparently this printer is not supported by MacOSX panther...
    Hi Patrick... I dont have the dock u mentioned and I never tried the Easy Share software on the Mac. I use iPhoto all the way. Tried using easyshare software before when I was on PC... then tried iPhoto and never looked back.

6821 Ayala Avenue, cor Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue

Originally posted by Patrick F
    Hello...I would like to ask if there's a program like "Chikka Text" for MAC OS X so i can get in touch with my friends in the Philippines?) Thanx in advance

Noted and forwarded to proper authorities. For the mean time, please use Virtual PC to enable the client.

/Super_ed
    Graphic Designer
    Chikka Asia, Inc.
    www.chikka.com

Patrick F

Thanx Mc and Ed hopefully Chikka can do something about my problem...I have that Easyshare printer dock and initially i think its cool but main problem is, it's not supported by panther....Regarding that virtual PC emulator is it good? What problrms did u encounter with that program? I got an eMac 1Gz G4 with 512MB sdram and an iMac 800MHz with 512 MB sdram...do u think kaya na ng mga ito ang Virtual PC? or buy a Windows PC? I hate goiing back to windows....

directX

I just hope that Chikka will concentrate on its Java client so that everyone, from Windows to Mac to Linux, can easily use their services. They do have a Java applet but it does not work - even on Windows!