Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what's a good USB light?

This is a discussion on what's a good USB light? within the Peripherals Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; is it ok to use USB lights in our books? what brand is ok...? thanks! [Edited on 10-6-2004 by scooter]...

Default what\'s a good USB light?

is it ok to use USB lights in our books? what brand is ok...? thanks!

[Edited on 10-6-2004 by scooter]

directX

Well, I opted for those LED lights from radtech rather than the USB ones. At least I do not need to turn on my 'book just to be able to use the light.

Liked
    25 times
    Real Name
    Mark Oliveros

kensington! I have the FlyLight™ Platinum...

http://www.kensington.com/html/4765.html

El CaMOTe

All USB lights of any brand are not good for your laptop !!

Why, because they damage the USB jack on your laptop. For one, it is too heavy, and the constant adjusting will further crack your USB connector built into your laptop.

Believe me, I have one right now and I never use it. You could buy a USB hub and connect it there but then you eventually would bust the USB jack there too.

Good luck

[Edited on 7-10-04 by El CaMOTe]

I also have the Kensington FlyLight™ Platinum, highly recommended. Comes in white or red light, though I use the red light version since it gives enough light to work by, yet is less obtrusive when used in near dark conference halls and darkened airplane cabins.

The cheapo clone versions in Virramall seem to be ok if you aren't picky but are really lousy in the quality of light and focus when tested side by side with the Flylight.

Cherrie

Not recommended cuz like what El Camote said.. it wears out your usb port from the putting it in and out of the usb light and the never ending adjusting the lamp so that you can see properly...

:wound: uh oh,,, thanks for the info guys... i guess i would go for a desk lamp instead... is there a desk lamp that uses LED lights? thanks..

Originally posted by scooter
    :wound: uh oh,,, thanks for the info guys... i guess i would go for a desk lamp instead... is there a desk lamp that uses LED lights? thanks..
    No problem just preventing the wear and tear of your usb ports.... we gotta look out for each other you know hehe

hmmm regarding lamps that uses LED lights... won't that be a very little amount of light for you to see what your doing?? :2cents:

Originally posted by Polar Mac
    Originally posted by scooter
    No problem just preventing the wear and tear of your usb ports.... we gotta look out for each other you know hehe

hmmm regarding lamps that uses LED lights... won't that be a very little amount of light for you to see what your doing?? :2cents:
    that's what i actually need, just enough light to see the keys on my ibook :evil: hope to find one soon...

btw, i think LEDs could be as bright as a normal lamp.. depends on the number and intensity of the LEDs...

El CaMOTe

There are LEDs that are configured into a typical household bulb. Unfortunately they are only available in the U.S., 110 Volts and around 14+ USDlrs each on eBay.

Have seen some samples in a recent exhibition at the WTC but much to weak, and not for sale.

There are LED light bulbs for cars here, but the bright ones cost 750+ pesos each !!

Cheers,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast