Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iPhone circle indicator next to carrier logo..what is it..what does it mean?

This is a discussion on iPhone circle indicator next to carrier logo..what is it..what does it mean? within the Apple TV Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; i have alwayz a circle indicatoer next ot my GLOBE logo..what is it?how to remove it?...

Default iPhone circle indicator next to carrier logo..what is it..what does it mean?

i have alwayz a circle indicatoer next ot my GLOBE logo..what is it?how to remove it?

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: iPhone circle indicator next to carrier logo..what is it..what does it mean?

it's a GPRS icon which tells you that your iphone GPRS setting is active.
    Macbook 2ghzC2D|Black-iPhone5||Sony NEX 5N|iPad4/iPadMini White|iPodTouch FaceTime|Blackberry Curve|Bose AE2|Companion2
    MAC user since 2004. n_n SkateBoarder|WakeBoarder|BasketBall Player

Default Re: iPhone circle indicator next to carrier logo..what is it..what does it mean?

how to turn it off?

Liked
    18 times

I think it means that gprs is available, you dont need to turn it off, if your concerened with data usage just edit your apn and it would be just fine.
    Those who dream at night are dreamers, but those who dream during the day are the more dangerous ones as they can turn those dreams into reality.
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Visit our blog: http://www.syowing.blogspot.co.uk/

does it effect the consumption in battery?

Liked
    2 times

If you're saving juice, you can turn it off by switching to Airplane mode, which in turn, turning off your network.

Liked
    18 times

Quote Originally Posted by bulyot View Post
    does it effect the consumption in battery?
    I dont think so. Its just an indicator.
    Those who dream at night are dreamers, but those who dream during the day are the more dangerous ones as they can turn those dreams into reality.
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Visit our blog: http://www.syowing.blogspot.co.uk/

Liked
    50 times

Quote Originally Posted by bulyot View Post
    i have alwayz a circle indicatoer next ot my GLOBE logo..what is it?how to remove it?
    it can be:

circle - gprs
    E - edge
    G - 3G
    airport icon - wifi

It is an indicator of what signal is available to your iphone for internet.

I would say, don't turn it off (as mentioned, the only way is to put it on airplane mode). ANd I don't think it consumes battery that much.

Treat it like you would see the other indicators on you iphone--globe, clock, battery.

Thanks for the info, but what does a paper plane by the battery indicator mean? All my email accounts have no unread mail. When I'm in the main page this indicator turns blue, when I'm on the email pages it is white. ???

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by mikelele View Post
    Thanks for the info, but what does a paper plane by the battery indicator mean? All my email accounts have no unread mail. When I'm in the main page this indicator turns blue, when I'm on the email pages it is white. ???
    I think your Bluetooth is on. Turn it off in Settings > General > Bluetooth.
    Mac mini 2.5 GHz (mid 2011) | MacBook Pro 15.4" (late 2007)
    http://twitter.com/viccastillo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast