Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Trading My eMac for a PowerBook

This is a discussion on Trading My eMac for a PowerBook within the Big Macs Archives forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Just want to ask if it is ok to trade my emac to a powerbook? coz I'm thinking to trade ...

Liked
    24 times

Default Trading My eMac for a PowerBook

Just want to ask if it is ok to trade my emac to a powerbook? coz I'm thinking to trade my emac coz I can't use it at school whenever I want to (ie for presentation). The first time I bring it to use for my presentation is so hard because it is so big and heavy. Thanks guys!

Liked
    122 times

Default Re: Trading Question

If the opportunity arises, why not? Why did you buy an emac in the first place and not a powerbook?

Liked
    24 times

At that time, most of the people that I asked chose eMac because of its performance and durability and I also had a short budget and I thought that I will be only using it at home. But time has come that I have to use it for presentation at our University for many times. And oh men! It is hard to carry because it is heavy, and as we all know, eMac was not built to transport. So if I will be given an opportunity to trade my eMac to powerbook, I will be very glad. I will post a FT in the forum. I'm just afraid to post a FT: eMac to powerbook so I asked first if it is ok, because I'm worried that others might think I'm a fool and just kidding to trade and will just laugh at my thread and not take it seriously. Thanks! Peace to all
    Last edited by johannes; 03-01-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Liked
    46 times
    Real Name
    Jingo Lopez

drigal, I suggest you post Looking For: Powerbook already. Or try to browse the market place, I'm quite sure there are plenty. Then you can make an offer. It might take a while in my opinion since most of the users/members here are really into recent models. Just try, who knows. Good luck.
     Mac mini late 2012 OS X Mavericks  Mac mini late 2007 Snow Leopard  Apple BT Keyboard  Apple Magic Mouse  AirPort Extreme 2nd gen  AirPort Express 3rd gen  iPhone 4  iPhone 3GS  Bose Companion 3 S2

Liked
    24 times

Thanks Man!

Default Re: Trading My eMac for a PowerBook

It would be difficult to make a trade for someone or for any company from powerbook to emac. What you can do is sell your emac and buy a new powerbook.

But then there are some companies who buy or even trade in your old mac to a more recent one, just google it. The companies are not located here in our country, however..

Liked
    804 times
    Real Name
    Butch Dalisay

speaking a someone who has had quite a few emacs and powerbooks, this trade will work only if your emac has much better specs than the powerbook, precisely because, as you pointed out, the emac weighs a ton and is really good (even great) just for home or office use. spec for spec, i can't think of anyone who will want to trade a powerbook for an emac, unless the powerbook is in really bad shape.

the best deal you might get would be for an earlier-generation powerbook (maybe a titanium or even a G3), or a first-generation ibook. my worry is that if you get one of these at this point, something in them is bound to give very soon (like the screen or the logic board) and they will be rather hard and expensive to repair.

my best suggestion would be to sell the emac--it won't go for much at this point, maybe 10K tops--and then to save or to borrow the difference you will need to get a better powerbook, ibook, or macbook. there was an excellent offer here the other day in the "apple branded" section of a 15-inch aluminum G4 powerbook for 25K. that's the kind of thing you need for presentations.
     Old fountain pens, watches, cameras, hats, flushes and full houses, and all things Apple www.penmanila.ph

Liked
    24 times

Thanks for the help! It gives me more idea on what to do... Thanks guys!